What are some non-tech and low-tech ways to hunt for buried treasure?

FingerChili

Feb 17, 2018
SF Bay Area, California
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And with one of these bad boys you could pick up surface finds without even having to bend over.

51auu3CCV2L._SX355_.jpg

Rocsteddie

Jun 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi,
If I wish to hunt for buried treasure, and I don't want to use any technology devices (such as electronic metal detectors for example) are gold panning and dowsing my only other two options?
Thank you

The treasure thing escapes me due to the fact that all that glitters is not gold. I'm a property line hunter of old dump sites. Shovel and spoon. Just gotta remember to stay on your side.

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live and have lived near a wedding / function venue on a private estate. You would be amazed at the ammount of valubles / weed/money/wallets etc people drop when going to their car intoxicated in the early hours of the morning. Beach combing in remote areas can also be fun (not really treasure) . Swimming with goggles under fishing spots can yield knives etc. Magnet fishing is cheap but most iron things have no value.
Over in the garage sale and goodwill sections you will find astute members making $ using nothing more than their knowledge.
I used to attend a monthly auction in a rural area for the Lions club. Treasures galore in vintage machinery, butter churns, vintage bikes etc. City folk caught on after a decade or so.
Coin roll hunting - virtually free . Meteorite hunting, magnet on a stick -pretty cheap.
flea markets, classieds etc.

guess its what your definition of 'treasure' is.

Chub

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting