What category should I list an old industrial or steam thermometer? Steampunk?

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
I'm trying to work through some estate boxes, and have a vintage industrial/steam/boiler thermometer.

It has a cast iron frame, nickel plated face, glass thermometer. I'd guess that this dates back to the 1930's, but probably is much earlier.

I can see this as a center piece of a steampunk project or cool finial/topper to it.

I wish that ebay had a separate category for steampunk items.

Where should I list it? What category?

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They should have a steampunk cat. I've had it come up a few times when searching keyword junk. If I'm wrong just take and put steampunk in the title or other keywords like it. Something like, vintage industrial gauge steampunk accessory. Hard to right a title without seeing it but you get the point.

Ok did a quick search with the keyword steampunk. Looks like most stuff came up in the Art category, sub group altered art & collage. That would be where it needs to go if your targeting that group. Good luck out there.

Last edited:

Tallone

Sep 4, 2013
In a gloomy castle on a lonely hill
Primary Interest:
Other
When I'm not sure what ebay category to put something in, I run ebay searches until I find a group of items similar to mine. Then I look for an item that actually sold and, if possible, was listed by a Top Rated Seller. Then I look to see what category they put their item in and I use that.

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT with 10"DD coil, Sun Ray probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I'm not sure what ebay category to put something in, I run ebay searches until I find a group of items similar to mine. Then I look for an item that actually sold and, if possible, was listed by a Top Rated Seller. Then I look to see what category they put their item in and I use that.

That answered your question right there.:icon_thumleft:. Tho I don't know why them being any type of seller rank matters, what matters is if the item sold or not in the category it was listed under. Forget if they are a top rated seller some (or many) top rated sellers don't know their "you know what" from a hole in the ground!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread