What coin or find got you hooked?

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think my story is on the forum somewhere, but what got me hooked was an eyeball find of a 1740 KGII Halfpenny while I was walking along a sandy road to my tree stand during bow season for deer. I already had a Heathkit detector I built, and that just started the whole thing of becoming addicted to detecting to find more old stuff......

I want to add, that back on that fateful day in 1979, I had no idea what the copper was that I found, LOL< I thought it was some Roman coin! I kind of got a tad more knowlegeable since that day...... ( I thought the date was 7740, since the 1's on the coins were kind of funky back then.........)

Don

OP
OP
MUD(S.W.A.T)

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool all, I was born in 1979 Don. :D

Keep them comming all !!

and HH!!

Paul4x4

Dec 31, 2007
Finland
Detector(s) used
E-Trac/Pro-Pointer/Ace 250
I was pretty much hooked before I even got myself a detector, but I think it was my first silver ring that got me hooked for good :icon_cyclops_ani:

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first minieball at the age of 12.

-Buck

Scott (Mich)

Mar 23, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
March 22, 1996. I got my first serious detector (had a Jetco when I was little), A whites Di Pro 6000. Went out in the front yard and found this within 10 minutes. My very first coin I ever dug. Been hooked ever since.
43 Wash Obv.jpg

Happy Hunting,

Scott (MI)

Mojave

Nov 19, 2006
Louisville Colorado
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gemini III, Whites GMT, Bounty Hunters, Raytek & Aqua Survey
Hello everyone!

Mine was a 1853 Large Cent and a token from the same period, found in the wall boards of an abandoned and crumbling cabin.

I was 12, didn't have a detector, just exploring, but ever since that day I was hooked on the whole thing.

Chris

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
It's the coins I haven't found yet that keep my coil to the soil...

What I really like is that every time I dig, its the anticipation of what may be in the hole is the exciting part. It's like Forrest Gump and his box of chocolates. You never know what your going to get. I like being surprised, especially when I'm thinking, aw crap another pop top, and it turns out to be a ring or a really neat coin.

au4me2

Sep 8, 2007
Ma.
Detector(s) used
Depends on what Im looking for!
I was bottle digging in my hometown of Maynard Ma. beside the RR tracks and a walker and a standing quarter just jumped out of the hole and rolled down the hill, I just stood there and watched in amazement till they stopped, I ran down and picked them up and never looked back! that was 1962 and i'm still detecting after getting my firt detector that year for X mas. :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread