What coin or find got you hooked?

I think my story is on the forum somewhere, but what got me hooked was an eyeball find of a 1740 KGII Halfpenny while I was walking along a sandy road to my tree stand during bow season for deer. I already had a Heathkit detector I built, and that just started the whole thing of becoming addicted to detecting to find more old stuff......

I want to add, that back on that fateful day in 1979, I had no idea what the copper was that I found, LOL< I thought it was some Roman coin! I kind of got a tad more knowlegeable since that day...... ( I thought the date was 7740, since the 1's on the coins were kind of funky back then.........)

Don

Cool all, I was born in 1979 Don. :D

Keep them comming all !!

and HH!!

I was pretty much hooked before I even got myself a detector, but I think it was my first silver ring that got me hooked for good :icon_cyclops_ani:

My first minieball at the age of 12.

-Buck

March 22, 1996. I got my first serious detector (had a Jetco when I was little), A whites Di Pro 6000. Went out in the front yard and found this within 10 minutes. My very first coin I ever dug. Been hooked ever since.
43 Wash Obv.jpg

Happy Hunting,

Scott (MI)

Hello everyone!

Mine was a 1853 Large Cent and a token from the same period, found in the wall boards of an abandoned and crumbling cabin.

I was 12, didn't have a detector, just exploring, but ever since that day I was hooked on the whole thing.

Chris

It's the coins I haven't found yet that keep my coil to the soil...

What I really like is that every time I dig, its the anticipation of what may be in the hole is the exciting part. It's like Forrest Gump and his box of chocolates. You never know what your going to get. I like being surprised, especially when I'm thinking, aw crap another pop top, and it turns out to be a ring or a really neat coin.

I was bottle digging in my hometown of Maynard Ma. beside the RR tracks and a walker and a standing quarter just jumped out of the hole and rolled down the hill, I just stood there and watched in amazement till they stopped, I ran down and picked them up and never looked back! that was 1962 and i'm still detecting after getting my firt detector that year for X mas. :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back