What did we learn today?

OP
OP
L

lost

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just checked my FG order from Provident. Still says payment confirmed. Forgot to check order date. Early April.

The reason I'm concerned is because of the FG die dispute between the guy (Duane something, I think) and the Mint he was using. It's a who shot John issue, who owns the die's, who owns the 1500 oz of silver, where is the money, who's buying new houses and taking trips to Singapore on the pre-ordered monies, does the Mint take a hammer to the FG dies or does what's his name get them back, find a new mint and continue making them? Wheew! That's a lot for a country boy to think about.

All I have is the fact I ordered a tube of FG's back in early April for $29 and change. Paid by check. Check cashed a few days later. And, here I am reading posts from folks all over the coin web saying Provident is not shipping the FG orders because they don't have any left to ship. I'm a real easy guy to get along with. Been in business literally all my life so I know every now and again spit happens and one has to dig deep to solve the customers problems...even if you have to take a big time money loss. (I could write a book on this.)

But, this time I'm going to be a real SOB on this order. I ordered a Tube of FG at $29 and change. I don't care if they have to get them off ebay or Craigs List, or even order them from Charlie's Stack at $50 to $125 a round. And, I want them in BU condition, not average circulated like the 5 Slave Queens I got from them back in early spring. The first 5 FG I got from them were absolute mint. And that's what I want. I'm sounding childish but damn it, if a company advertises a product for X number of dollars, I order and pay in advance for the product, I expect it in a reasonable amount of time. I don't want to hear we no longer have the product, would you like something else? No. Go get it. I don't care if they have to buy them at $125 per round. There, I feel better.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also emailed provident through their facebook account - and they were very prompt. Got back to me, and said they are shipping soon.

what is a FG bullion? I know the slave queen - I own a freedom girl round myself. whats FG?

OP
OP
L

lost

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coinfetcher...FG is the Freedom Girl round.

OP
OP
L

lost

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got an e-mail tonight saying they are shipped and should have them in 3-5 business days. Ill let you know how they look.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread