What do you do when some rowdy beachgoers asks you to look for their Rolex.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every once in a while while wading the beach some rowdy types approach asking if I would hunt for their lost Rolex. I usually listen with interest and tell them to contact the lifeguard or manager and give their name an phone number so we can reach them if it is found or turned in. This usually gets them to play nice.

How do you handle stupid people. There is no bounty on them so ya shouldn't knock them out an drag them ashore. ;D

Upvote 0

Marauder Dan

Aug 24, 2005
When im hunting,usually im using my smaller KABar knive as a digging tool,and I have another knife in clear view on my sheath clipped to my belt,Im not a pretty type of person LOL I ride motorcycles and kinda look the part..hehe although the people closest to me know

Marauder Dan

Aug 24, 2005
the ones closest to me know IM a good person,to a stranger Im very guarded and pretty much ready to strike. think we all need a shell of some sort around us!!! my headphones keep most of the dumb questions at bay because most people see me wearing them and dont bother yapping away!!

al-nm

May 8, 2008
new mexico
Detector(s) used
6000xlpro
tell them sorry guys this detector doesnt work on metals its a new type that just came out it finds only brains. and for some reason its not getting any signal in this area. then walk off smiling.

Formula1BMW

May 29, 2008
Montgomery, AL
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
ivan salis said:
humm you lost a rolex today ? -- well I guess the one I found yesterday wasn't yours then. -- but thanks I'll check around here more after you leave. unless of course you want to "hire" me to look for it -- then its $25 per hour and the first hour must be paid now up front and I keep all finds other than the watch ---- Ivan

Classic! I like it, I like a lot!

OP
OP
Sandman

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
humm you lost a rolex today ? -- well I guess the one I found yesterday wasn't yours then. -- but thanks I'll check around here more after you leave. unless of course you want to "hire" me to look for it -- then its $25 per hour and the first hour must be paid now up front and I keep all finds other than the watch ---- Ivan

This is really great! :thumbsup: Thanks Ivan....

I also hunt early in the morning as this is when you can find lost dollar bills laying on the bottom or other goodies left from the night. I usually knock off for a nap and lunch around 10 AM and come back out near 6 PM to collect what was left during the day. This is when ya can run into the idiots.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It all depends on how many there are and if their husbands are watching. If there're too many, I run. THAT takes care of about 10 seconds. After that, it's anybody's guess. ;D ::) :3some: :evil6:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread