What do you do with your sinkers?

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This question was asked by CRUSADER on another post and I was curious to see what others had to say.

When I find fishing sinkers I usually give them away to fishermen. Makes the finds/trash pouch a little lighter.

On a side note the strangest place I found fishing sinkers what at an American Revolution site. They were not from that time period but they were old. The strange thing is that there is currently no water anywhere near this site. Made me wonder how they got there and why.

NJ

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I detect a lot around bodies of water and always keep the lead sinkers, under some vague idea that I might be helping the environment. I also have a nagging thought that if everything goes to h*ll, I will have lead available to melt down into bullets.

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had accumulated about 300 lead sinkers while water hunting the various lakes and rivers around here. So I had a garage sale and put the intire pile out for sale for a nickel a piece. Every last one was gone by the end of the day!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions