🔎 UNIDENTIFIED What do you think this is? This one's stumpin' me!

BiggieSmalls

May 1, 2022
Atlanta

Attachments

• WhatisIt.jpg
    WhatisIt.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 70

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard Tnet. I hope your time here is rewarding.
Could you post more pictures with size and from different angles. Size and shape important. Thank you.

Upvote 1

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard Tnet. I hope your time here is rewarding.
Could you post more pictures with size and from different angles. Size and shape important. Thank you.
And you might try heating a pin or needle and holding the hot end against it to make sure it is not plastic or resin. Use gloves or better yet clamp the colder end of needle with pliers so you can get needle really hot. Based on your one picture it does not look like a natural stone. And as I suggested, more pictures and size would help. Thanks for posting.

Upvote 1
OP
OP
BiggieSmalls

BiggieSmalls

May 1, 2022
Atlanta
Thanks traveller777, the piece is rather small, about three inches long and half as that wide, and it's not in its natural state, i.e., it has been industrially ground, shaped, and polished. Because it's so highly polished, it's also bit reflective of light now.

I'm on the road right now, doing the "road warrior" thing, so can't take more photos or do a hot-needle test, but I did "test" it on my teeth (literally, and my dentist will freak-out if he hears about it) and I can tell you it's a piece of rock! :-)

It's beautiful, and I just haven't been able to figure out what it is!

Upvote 2

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks traveller777, the piece is rather small, about three inches long and half as that wide, and it's not in its natural state, i.e., it has been industrially ground, shaped, and polished. Because it's so highly polished, it's also bit reflective of light now.

I'm on the road right now, doing the "road warrior" thing, so can't take more photos or do a hot-needle test, but I did "test" it on my teeth (literally, and my dentist will freak-out if he hears about it) and I can tell you it's a piece of rock! :-)

It's beautiful, and I just haven't been able to figure out what it is!
Thanks for reply

Upvote 1

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Howdy folks, I was wondering if one of you kind people could take a look at this polished material and let m know what you think it may be?

I was thinking perhaps polished Amazonite, but I haven't seen such "squiggly" lines in it, but maybe you have?

Any help identifying would surely be appreciated!

Thanks a bunch!
I would probably say it is a piece of end of day glass.

Upvote 3

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions