Status
Not open for further replies.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Yes. And its so interesting how some people feel they have total license to post any inappropriate material they choose, as long as they feel it promotes their agenda. Forum Foundry wisely recognized what the situation was, and corrected it, and I sincerely thank them for that!
It's not for you to decide what's "appropriate" and it's not for you to police the forum. That's what the mods do and we had a perfectly capable mod running that forum. Some folks saw him as the "enemy" and went over his head. I will say it one last time. If people don't like the content of a particular sub forum, don't click on it. That's why there's an index. So you can chose the subjects that interest you. This place is made up of a huge diversity of subjects with something for everyone yet some of you felt it was your mission in life to bash our little piece of the pie. You won. Shouldn't you all be celebrating ?

Last edited:

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And what was your agenda unclemat?Wait dont say it,we already know.The 2nd was only a hot topic because of those who opposed and attacked it.Thats why it was a so called hot topic.What thread are people going to turn into a hot topic now?The health thread?

I already responded to this question, and it was immediately deleted...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do not turn this thread into politics, nor insult other members..... Rules will be enforced

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

MALO PERICULOSAM, LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETAM SERVITUTEM

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
And what was your agenda unclemat?Wait dont say it,we already know.The 2nd was only a hot topic because of those who opposed and attacked it.Thats why it was a so called hot topic.What thread are people going to turn into a hot topic now?The health thread?

RJC as you know i was a regular in opposition to what was being posted in the 2nd amend threads. yet, not only do i not oppose the 2nd amendment, i fully support it. That said, what i opposed in those forums rarely touched the 2nd amendment. Nor, did i see much if any real opposition to the 2nd amendment verbalized on that forum.

It is my belief that had the forum limited it scope to only the 2nd it would still be here. However, because it expanded into a general political catch all forum it caused a problem. That it promoted an extremist pov that would not sit well with a general multiracial, multicultural audience, that's a problem as well.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It's not for you to decide what's "appropriate" and it's not for you to police the forum. That's what the mods do and we had a perfectly capable mod running that forum. Some folks saw him as the "enemy" and went over his head. I will say it one last time. If people don't like the content of a particular sub forum, don't click on it. That's why there's an index. So you can chose the subjects that interest you. This place is made up of a huge diversity of subjects with something for everyone yet some of you felt it was your mission in life to bash our little piece of the pie. You won. Shouldn't you all be celebrating ?
Watch it with the pie comments,my crust is very tender..Bandit I don't think anyone won necessarily but maybe we all came to a better understanding of the rules once and for all and the lines are drawn in the sand to cross or not cross for everyone,I hope so at least.I know it can't be easy being a moderator.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I already responded to this question, and it was immediately deleted...

Your post was political and removed....

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Holy carp,NF and I just agreed on something!Pie for all and all for pie!

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RJC as you know i was a regular in opposition to what was being posted in the 2nd amend threads. yet, not only do i not oppose the 2nd amendment, i fully support it. That said, what i opposed in those forums rarely touched the 2nd amendment. Nor, did i see much if any real opposition to the 2nd amendment verbalized on that forum.

It is my belief that had the forum limited it scope to only the 2nd it would still be here. However, because it expanded into a general political catch all forum it caused a problem. That it promoted an extremist pov that would not sit well with a general multiracial, multicultural audience, that's a problem as well.

I agree! I own guns, and support the 2nd Amendment.

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Now that we all have more time on our hands whada we gonna do?

Hey, I heard about this metal detecting thing. Looks kinda crazy, anyone got any info on this?

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your post was political and removed....

I noticed the political question I was responding to was not deleted though. I was just answering another member's question...

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Well if ya'll wanna be picky saying it had no place on a treasure hunting site...there are several forums on here that have no place on a treasure hunting forum, some that are highly offensive, but since nobody is complaining...yet..I don't see a problem..I just don't click it.!

Mike

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Your only problem NF is that just about every little thing revolves around the 2nd and the B.O.R.The 2nd is there to protect the B.O.R.,the people,and what this country was founded on.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Holy carp,NF and I just agreed on something!Pie for all and all for pie!
I'm in. NF & I disagreed on may issues. It would be a pretty boring world if everyone agreed all the time. Buttt.. we always kept it civil and polite and i would have no problem sitting down with him and having a beer. This is how it's supposed to be. Act as you would act if you were sitting around a campfire face to face and always be real and speak the truth. Some folks don't "get" that and never will. I ruffled alot of feathers because I always speak the truth and I'm passionate about things I feel are important, I call a spade a spade, and if someone else dosn't see it my way it's their problem, not mine. So be it. I won't pretend to be something I'm not and I won't sacrifice my beliefs for any reason. People who know me out there in the "real" world will tell you that's exactly how I am in person. No apologies. Have a good day.

XLTer

Sep 26, 2012
Western Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To all of the Patriots here ( you know who you are ) , think about what actually happened during the life of the deleted forum . I for one became involved on a local and national level more because of that forum than I ever have in 50 years . Think about the battles that REALLY mattered , that we actually WON on a NATIONAL level ! It's no wonder why ( they ) attacted relentlessly . Forget about the disagreements and realize how much of a difference WE made because of the beliefs we now know a majority of true Americans STILL hold . If you wish to pay respect to the deleted forum , keep up the great work of protecting the freedoms you cherish . Thank you to all of our Patriots for fighting a truely worthy cause . Keep up the fantastic work .......:thumbsup:

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 2nd amendment is an American issue - So, who cares what a Canadien or any other country's opinion is on the subject. We in America understand the powers that are in-country fighting against our freedoms. They have attacked us here on TN and have won - or so it seems............

And why would a Canadian or someone outside of the U.S. care about the 2nd amendment on a TREASURE HUNTING forum?
FYI, I never once complained to the administration about any sub-forum here on T-net. Nor have I ever put one person on ignore.
I am not politically aligned one bit but it doesn't take a genius to see how each side baited each other into a political argument.
Based on experience from the other political forums that have been here over the years, the right side seems to be a little more heated.
Funny, I was just going make a post in Everything else advising the left side to boycott that section.
You see, with out anyone one to argue with, the forum would have just withered away and died.
The right would get awful bored just agreeing with each other.
Something even more funny.....Most places I go to visit and socialize, people all seem to avoid bringing up politics or religion.
My whole life I've observed that......Except when it comes to the internet!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I noticed the political question I was responding to was not deleted though. I was just answering another member's question...

Post you quoted was not political....

Subject closed.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure ya'll all wanna know, what I think about crybaby tattle tales.
So, I'll just leave it at that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread