What is a euro sabre and what is the american version that is is equal to?

dfg4240

Jun 26, 2008
Pittsford,NY
Detector(s) used
whites eagle Spectrum. Mxt, Silver umax, Bandido ll umax, X-terra 70, Xterra-705, fisher F5, fisher CZ-70 pro
(3)Tejons, 3-Cibola, Teknetics T2, minelab Safari. Minelab SE Pro, Fisher CZ-3d. (2)el
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Uuuuur....well one of your famous U.S. detectorists said at that time that you should buy two. One to use and one to hang on the wall (to admire I assume).

I didn't find it that good. It was essentially a Silver Sabre variation intended to deal with iron sites better. 10.6 kHz frequency with the low noise circuit of the time. Discrimination is silent search with the big plus of a no motion all metal mode. It didn't sell that well and I was told those that didn't sell got shipped back to the States. I think the stock coil was an 8".

If you could pick one up for the same price as a Sabre of the period it might be worth considering but I don't think you would find the depth compared with the later Tesoro's.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions