What is happening to TNET???

Generally, a person opens a business for the sole purpose of making money simply by putting his investment at-risk.

At some point the business is passed on to the persons successor, is merged, offered for public stock, sold or closed...the reasons are not always disclosed or open to discussion...

The resultant or future impact is always supposition and not considered valid unless there is an obvious trend...

Marc obviously has his personal reasons, if this is in fact, a reality... and if so, its been nice...and best wishes.

I'm sure whoever becomes the final owner, will continue with a winning format.

I can't see all the threads anymore. There is only one page worth then nothing. Best Of Treasurenet only has a single thread in it.

My settings must be off.

GL said:
I can't see all the threads anymore. There is only one page worth then nothing. Best Of Treasurenet only has a single thread in it.

My settings must be off.

Just checked... they are all there!

SWR said:
I didn't see what was under the banner...but, I do remember Marc contemplating a few years back selling the TreasureNet domain
I remember that a few years back but this for sale notice was yesterday in big red letters.

I will always remember you Marc, and your Ouiji Board.

If it is sold, curious what would happen (if anything) to charter membership, been contemplating picking that up in order to get the better search function. ??? Doubtful that a site as successful as TNET would change very much if it was sold.

Blacksheep said:
If it is sold, curious what would happen (if anything) to charter membership, been contemplating picking that up in order to get the better search function. ??? Doubtful that a site as successful as TNET would change very much if it was sold.

Good Point. I will have to hold off on renewing for a while to see what happens!

I would expect that it was sold to an advertiser of magazine that features on this site. The product exposure would be enormous.

Bull59 said:
I see no reason someone would buy the business, only to close it . So I'm sure the site is safe for now unless Marc is in dire straights and needs money to keep the site afloat. :dontknow:
Naw...Marc probably has a great lead on another treasure and needs a grubstake! :thumbsup:
Scott

There is a ton of valuable research here at TN. Soon you will be able to search the "What is its" and you will find an ID without a need to use Google. I remember there was talk of deleting some to save disc space. I hope we dont lose access to this incredible database.

I remember when I first learned to use the computer in 2004 and I found this site to ID my find. I recognized something great and I have been here ever since. But i do remember the struggles to keep it afloat. Jeff was here from the beginning and I remember the hiring of PBK when his talent was recognized. Now look at all the sponsors. A great success story. :icon_thumright:

I guess this post has gotten a little out of control. My orignal intention was simply to find out what the status is and the future holds for TNet.

I am a regular contributor on most of the popular MD forums. IMHO, TNet outshines them all. There are certain ones that may be more specialized or technical, but I have gotten more out of this site than all the others combined.

The mods here are simply the best. I Have never had a problem, and my suggestions are always entertained.

I agree with Neil. Best format, most information and for the most part, good people. I would be lost without the Illinois forum.

Makton

Neil in West Jersey said:
I guess this post has gotten a little out of control. My orignal intention was simply to find out what the status is and the future holds for TNet.

I am a regular contributor on most of the popular MD forums. IMHO, TNet outshines them all. There are certain ones that may be more specialized or technical, but I have gotten more out of this site than all the others combined.

The mods here are simply the best. I Have never had a problem, and my suggestions are always entertained.

Any news on your original question?

TEXAN Connection said:
I dont know either, but I do know over 50 post disappered on this thread

um hum...probably gonna add 2 more to it.

And we were just having fun trying to lighten the load....I bet i could find a million more forums on here that are 'off topic'

Do you think Ill reach 10,000 posts before its sold? :D

TEXAN Connection said:
I dont know either, but I do know over 50 post disappered on this thread

I thought I remembered seeing more. I am glad the posts that were removed were removed. I didn't mean for this post to be a sounding board. I was just curious if there was any particular reason for Marc's sale of the site.

Yeah my post got dumped too. It was alright, it just had a certain keyword that lumped it in with some other irrelevant posts. It's fine if they sell the site. I hope it gets run the same, as I have learned a whole bunch on here from just regular folks about many topics. Anything you have a question about, there's somebody on here somewhere that has an answer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back