deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I too hope this forum doesn't change. I've been a charter member for 2 years now and have gleened much information, acquired many links and made new friends through this.

I frequent the treasure forums, not the politics, religeon, world news, etc. They have nothing to do with my hobby.
I tried politics before and found some haters. It grates my senses when someone has to condemn me for my beliefs and resent those kind of attacks.

The announcement on the home page, the warning of nonacceptance of abuse should be heeded. There really is no reason to politicize peoples topics by throwing in little digs about current presidents or events. That's how topics get hijacked and deleted.
And I also blame that kind of behavior for the loss of some good members on here.

So...to the new owners...let's get back to basics....finding treasure. :thumbsup:

PS....I think it's Sherm that bought T-net. The time he was off he was adding up his years of finds, rolling his coins, cashing in his silver and gold....
Nice to see you Sherm. :hello:

Al

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
deepskyal said:
PS....I think it's Sherm that bought T-net. The time he was off he was adding up his years of finds, rolling his coins, cashing in his silver and gold....

Al

Now THAT'S a conspiracy theory that I want to believe in. :icon_thumleft:

I wonder if whatever business bought TreasureNet will identify itself. :icon_scratch:

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think anyone or any business has YET bought the site .... it's just up for sell. I am sure the new owner (s) will tell us who they are when and if it happens and that Marc will also let us know! I am also sure the moderators will tell us when they know anything.

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Mental Granny said:
I am also sure the moderators will tell us when they know anything.

nothing.jpg

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bull59 said:
Who said Treasure Net has been bought ? Did I miss an announcement from Marc ? :dontknow:

I don't know if we'll receive an announcement. I figured it was bought if the "for sale" sign came down. :icon_scratch: :dontknow:

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
deepskyal said:

Al
If Sherm bought, we'll all have a good un. :hello2:

S

stefen

I have arranged for a consortium of myself and 5 other individuals to present an offer of 6 figures to purchase TN...

The offer is as follows: :icon_pirat: :tongue3: :notworthy: :headbang: :hello2: :hello:

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
deepskyal said:
I too hope this forum doesn't change. I've been a charter member for 2 years now and have gleened much information, acquired many links and made new friends through this.

I frequent the treasure forums, not the politics, religeon, world news, etc. They have nothing to do with my hobby.
I tried politics before and found some haters. It grates my senses when someone has to condemn me for my beliefs and resent those kind of attacks.

The announcement on the home page, the warning of nonacceptance of abuse should be heeded. There really is no reason to politicize peoples topics by throwing in little digs about current presidents or events. That's how topics get hijacked and deleted.
And I also blame that kind of behavior for the loss of some good members on here.

So...to the new owners...let's get back to basics....finding treasure. :thumbsup:

Al

We are on the same page.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stefen said:
I have arranged for a consortium of myself and 5 other individuals to present an offer of 6 figures to purchase TN...

The offer is as follows: :icon_pirat: :tongue3: :notworthy: :headbang: :hello2: :hello:

I see your six figures and raise you one: :icon_pirat: :tongue3: :notworthy: :headbang: :hello2: :hello: :whip2:

S

stefen

Goodyguy said:
stefen said:

I see your six figures and raise you one: :icon_pirat: :tongue3: :notworthy: :headbang: :hello2: :hello: :whip2:

The bidding was closed when Marc accepted the Consortium's offer...

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That pops up every time T-Net shuts down for maintenance. I saw it last night.

klava

Mar 13, 2007
Them there hills!
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistidor
Marc,

Thank you for all you have done with this forum. if not for it I would probably have never gotten into the hobby. I hope your future endeavors are fun filled. Do what makes you happy and that's all that matters.

-K

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
I really love this web site.
There are a lot of folks here that have taught me a lot.
I thank all folks here and especially the Mods.

I am learning how to have my own web site and it is difficult.
The cost for elect. , the constant monitoring, etc.
I am sure Tnet gets thousands of hits per day.
I think the advertising helps pay for this but lots of folks have less income than before.
I have no idea what brings income.

I saw that Marc had a future plan to do some exploring.
Go for it Marc.
And thank you for starting this site.

Grey

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I just hope Marc keeps in touch because hes a good guy. :icon_thumright:

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola
Whoever buys it will appreciate what Marc has done here. There is a rule for starting a business:

Run it like you want to sell it. Then you know you are running it correctly.

Marc has done that.

DM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions