✅ SOLVED What IS IT ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DIAZ

Jan 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picture 007.jpg Picture 009.jpg Hello everyone i found this in a river. It stood out to me .... It seems to be carved into this shape....was wondering if any one had any clues....... any comments are welcome thank you..... View attachment 743049

Broken knee

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2009
in your back yard
Detector(s) used
excal 2
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
May I ask how you came to the conclusion that it's not? And the reason I say that it's basalt, is when columnar basalt is river warn it looks just like your first rock and I have many, that I have recovered from the Ct. river just because they looked cool. And yes some look like artifacts but there not!
BK

Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Absolutely NOT a worked artifact, neither rock is. As I stated just common basalt. If your still in doubt post in the Indian artifacts section. I'm positive the response will be the same. HH
BK
You would think so lol but remember we had a member that thought the last item was a meteorite? You ask enough preople and someone is bound to misID it.

DIAZ will keep asking until he hears what he wants to hear.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D

DIAZ

Jan 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You would think so lol but remember we had a member that thought the last item was a meteorite? You ask enough preople and someone is bound to misID it.

DIAZ will keep asking until he hears what he wants to hear.
....well that one member has his right to his opinion,and this thread has nothing to do with my last item i posted...so come on get over the other thread thank you:BangHead:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D

DIAZ

Jan 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so i know for tommorow how do i mark a thread as solved .... any one know please let me know thank you

Upvote 0

Broken knee

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2009
in your back yard
Detector(s) used
excal 2
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diaz, here is a pic of basalt that is not river warn, the similarity to your rock makes it unmistakeable to me. I'm not trying to be confrontational with you I am trying to help!! HH
BK

Attachments

• basalt.jpg
    basalt.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
D

DIAZ

Jan 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diaz, here is a pic of basalt that is not river warn, the similarity to your rock makes it unmistakeable to me. I'm not trying to be confrontational with you I am trying to help!! HH
BK
so if that was thrown in the river it would turn brown? and other colors as well?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D

DIAZ

Jan 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok i understand what your saying , but would basalt turn brown from being in a river , the rock is its natural color its not black thats all im saying.....

Upvote 0

Broken knee

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2009
in your back yard
Detector(s) used
excal 2
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
....well that one member has his right to his opinion,and this thread has nothing to do with my last item i posted...so come on get over the other thread thank you:BangHead:
The point I am trying to make is that a very small percentage of members will be WRONG. The concensus is usually correct.

I am hoping you have changed since you posted the last item. Ill believe it and Ill get over it when you post the SOLVED and end this thread and move on..

Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
In this area lots of points are made from basalt we have a major intrusion of it. I found many made from it and your correct Diaz's rocks are not worked.
Ah ok. All I know is the items do not look worked.

Ill let you handle it. Im probably not helping. :laughing7:

Upvote 0

Broken knee

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2009
in your back yard
Detector(s) used
excal 2
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok i understand what your saying , but would basalt turn brown from being in a river , the rock is its natural color its not black thats all im saying.....
Once again, yes it will change color! Not only that, but the color of basalt can vary in color from lt. gray, brown to black.
BK

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
D

DIAZ

Jan 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In this area lots of points are made from basalt we have a major intrusion of it. I found many made from it and your correct Diaz's rocks are not worked.
if that is true the second item in this thread could be an arrowhead then right?it has the shape but i guess thats shaped by nature?:dontknow:

Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
if that is true the second item in this thread could be an arrowhead then right?it has the shape but i guess thats shaped by nature?:dontknow:
I think what knee is saying is yes that arrowheads and other Indian artifacts are made from basalt in his area... but this is not an arrowhead.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread