✅ SOLVED What IS IT ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DIAZ

Jan 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picture 007.jpg Picture 009.jpg Hello everyone i found this in a river. It stood out to me .... It seems to be carved into this shape....was wondering if any one had any clues....... any comments are welcome thank you..... View attachment 743049

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
ok thank you tommorow i will be shutting this down......
Marking the thread SOLVED does not shut it down. Members can disagree and add comments at any time.

Im not rushing you to mark it solved. Do not mark it intil you are satisfied the items are properly IDed. It shouldnt take too long. Get a few more opinions if you wish.

I admit, living in South Florida, I dont know rocks. But I know when something is man made.

Take care

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D

DIAZ

Jan 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think what knee is saying is yes that arrowheads and other Indian artifacts are made from basalt in his area.
ok well didnt he say he was from nct or found them in ct so if my item is basalt then how can he deffinitly say it is not an arrowhead?

Upvote 0

Broken knee

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2009
in your back yard
Detector(s) used
excal 2
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah ok. All I know is the items do not look worked.

Ill let you handle it. Im probably not helping. :laughing7:
I guess I'm not either, this was posted yesterday and it's made 4 pages!! I post a post rev war button and it didn't make 1 page. I just don't get it? I think Diaz wants this to be something it's not in the hopes of selling it as an Indian artifact on Ebay JMO. I'm done!!
BK

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D

DIAZ

Jan 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I'm not either, this was posted yesterday and it's made 4 pages!! I post a post rev war button and it didn't make 1 page. I just don't get it? I think Diaz wants this to be something it's not in the hopes of selling it as an Indian artifact on Ebay JMO. I'm done!!
BK
you are totally wrong i dont want to sell anything...... just get info and your telling me arrowheads and Indian artifacts were made out of basalt in this area well then why couldnt the one i have be an arrowhead it sure looks like one to me ?

Upvote 0

Broken knee

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2009
in your back yard
Detector(s) used
excal 2
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok well didnt he say he was from nct or found them in ct so if my item is basalt then how can he deffinitly say it is not an arrowhead?
I' am in Mass in the Ct river Vally and the basalt intrusion runs from Ma. through Ct. it terminates in southern Ct. Your second rock does not have the typical fractures associated with arrowhead's
BK

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D

DIAZ

Jan 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picture 006.jpg Picture 008.jpg on the second rock i do see tiny fractures all over the surface of it...

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D

DIAZ

Jan 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey Bigcypresshunter , didnt you say interesting rock? why did you delete your comment?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D

DIAZ

Jan 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I deleted my comment because Im not helping.
i think your helping .... and thanks for the info and comments, i also think it is an interesting rock a rock by the way that i did not make look like that:happysmiley: but thanks for the info, there is a possibility nature made it look like that.....

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D

DIAZ

Jan 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i think your helping .... and thanks for the info and comments, i also think it is an interesting rock a rock by the way that i did not make look like that:happysmiley: but thanks for the info, there is a possibility nature made it look like that.....
but then again there is a possibility that man made it all im saying...

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D

DIAZ

Jan 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
am i the only one who notices all the tiny fractures all over the second rock in question? any one else notice them?

Upvote 0

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They look like Geo facts to me Diaz. They resemble something but they are not. The second rock seems to have been broken as the patina on the outside is worn and much different than at the break. You might also try the rock and mineral section for further comments. Neither item has been worked by man. Welcome back.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D

DIAZ

Jan 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They look like Geo facts to me Diaz. They resemble something but they are not. The second rock seems to have been broken as the patina on the outside is worn and much different than at the break. You might also try the rock and mineral section for further comments. Neither item has been worked by man. Welcome back.
Ok thanks for the help and info i will try that...and thanks for the welcome back!!

Upvote 0

flinthunter

Jan 3, 2011
Illinois
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, V3i, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've collected Indian artifacts for over 50 years and can guarantee that your rocks are naturaly formed and not manmade. Sorry.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D

DIAZ

Jan 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've collected Indian artifacts for over 50 years and can guarantee that your rocks are naturaly formed and not manmade. Sorry.
cool so why did you wait so long to join a treasure sight, and collecting stuff does not make you an expert that is only my opinion but thanks for the comment you could be right but then again you could be wrong.......

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions