• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 420
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 410

Henry2

May 27, 2011
To most people it would only be worth melt, other then that who knows, the only way to find out is to put it on ebay and see what the market prices it at. Judging by the style it reminds me of rings sold at places like Piercing Pogada in the 1990's.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its worth is in melt, unless like Henry said you find someone who likes it more than melt value.... If it is 18k then I would guess it will not go for much more than melt...... Buy hey, I will give you $40 for it....:laughing7:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Chris,

For what it's worth give us a weight so we can do the math on the current melt value and try to sell it privately above that price.

Regards + HH

Bill

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Its worth is in melt, unless like Henry said you find someone who likes it more than melt value.... If it is 18k then I would guess it will not go for much more than melt...... Buy hey, I will give you $40 for it....:laughing7:
The jeweler said I'll give you 75 for it,and,I said,no you won't,I left.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
To most people it would only be worth melt, other then that who knows, the only way to find out is to put it on ebay and see what the market prices it at. Judging by the style it reminds me of rings sold at places like Piercing Pogada in the 1990's.
Found it in an old tobacco field,the house was torn down in the early 50's.

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey worldtalker,

I'm sure you know that the lady is Nefertiti, wife of Pharaoh Akhenaten...

328px-Nofretete_Neues_Museum.jpg
Nefertiti

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
I tell you this is a gypsy ring

Greetings OMJ,

Yes, you've said that, yet offered no supportive evidence. What about Nefertiti, or those acanthus leaves makes you think so?

tumblr_lvnfi6zWB31r7dz1po1_500.png

OregonMaryJayne

Greenie
Jul 30, 2013
Redmond, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Eyeballs & Spidy Sense
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I know the gypsy culture personally. This exact Egyptian themed jewelry is a favorite of theirs
Gold and Genuine Stones were/are status symbol. The style & era of this jewelry does coincide with the house, however it's primitive appearance could indicate its older.
I think the real value in this ring is how you found it & the mystery of its past :)

I found this link for you:

image-4114091149.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00272XITE/ref=aw_d_dsc_jewelry?ca=B00272XITE

If you can contact the maker of this ring, perhaps they can tell you the design and where it originates, time, era etc.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I know the gypsy culture personally. This exact Egyptian themed jewelry is a favorite of theirs
Gold and Genuine Stones were/are status symbol. The style & era of this jewelry does coincide with the house, however it's primitive appearance could indicate its older.
I think the real value in this ring is how you found it & the mystery of its past :)

I found this link for you:

View attachment 838758

Sterling Silver Queen Nefertiti Ring w/ Wreath Border Diamond Cut Finish 1 inch wide, sizes 8 - 13:Amazon:Jewelry

If you can contact the maker of this ring, perhaps they can tell you the design and where it originates, time, era etc.
OMJ,

There are no markings,I believe prior to 1905 no K was required.

OregonMaryJayne

Greenie
Jul 30, 2013
Redmond, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Eyeballs & Spidy Sense
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Costume jewelry of the 50s also included Egyptian themes.
it seems older to me.
look into the amazon ring manufacturer & find where the design comes from then you will know for sure.

image-203679960.jpg

Here's another good one, 1800s

fransherrell

Dec 20, 2016
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A professional can help you on this. But it seems as if you are interested in ring. Well, Shop LC is one online jewelry store that offers innovatively designed jewelry at everyday Low cost. It has an extensive collection. Choose your pick.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions