What is this rock? My detector is picking it up.

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
okdiggermark said:
@Ism: Frank has got to be one of the most honest and forthcoming members on this entire site as well as educated and an experienced detectorist with years upon years of experience. Seriously, it never ceases to amaze me where some of you get off thinking Frank doesn't know what he's talking about and has nothing better to do than spend his time getting on forums a bunch of lies to simply mislead as many innocent souls as he possibly can. He's been extremely up front, honest and helpful to the N'th degree with me in any question I've ever spoken with him on. Show Frank some respect.

I second that

M Scott @ FTP

Mar 18, 2009
Jason in Enid said:
Frankn said:
Jason, I made a few bucks on that flour gold that didn't respond. Frank

It's a pure lie and you know it! No detector in the world will respond to flour gold. It takes a $5000 Minelab to detect even tiny pickers. Odd how you also have garbage to spout to but never have finds to show.

Hi Jason,
FYI -the $5000 Minelab detectors are not as sensitive as many of the prospecting specific VLF detectors some for only around $500. Pulse Induction will go deeper and do better on larger targets and do better in mineralization while VLF will do better on small targets. Most decent prospectors will use a Pulse or high end ML in an area and then finish off the area with a more sensitive detector like the Fisher Gold Bugs to find the small stuff the ML PI units missed

A good prospecting detector will pick up flour gold in the AM mode. If the flour gold is spread across the bottom of a vial it is hard to hear but if you tip the vial and concentrate the flour gold into a pile in the bottom of the vial it is easier to hear. Just like it concentrates naturally. I have done this for people hundreds of times at the GPAA shows when they bring vials of flour gold asking if our detectors can detect it. All the Gold Bugs and some others can……

Frank is 100% right on target.

Here is some great recommended reading for you to expand your knowledge.

http://www.fisherlab.com/hobby/davejohnson/Dave'sGoldbook-reders.pdf

Mike

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SLAMMMM Jason.....here's YOUR sign :BangHead: Frank is da MAN!!!! And from the sounds of it.....This is Mike's area of expertise! Keep on keeping on Frank!!! :hello2:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Well Jason & Torrero lost this discussion............. And Frank was right on ............ Thanks to Mike who had proof............ There is so much wrong information Out there ..... It is a good thing that here on Tnet we always have some one who has the right info..... Mike :icon_thumright: Frank :icon_thumright:...................

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keppy said:
Well Jason & Torrero lost this discussion............. And Frank was right on ............ Thanks to Mike who had proof............ There is so much wrong information Out there ..... It is a good thing that here on Tnet we always have some one who has the right info..... Mike :icon_thumright: Frank :icon_thumright:...................

Right on Keppy! Life experience, life knowledge, & wisdom beat a superior, high & mighty, know it all attitude anyday in my book! It takes a wise man to listen, learn & appreciate someone else's knowledge & experience. In this particular case, Jason & Torrero will be fed good tonight. Hope you boys enjoy eating your words!

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My 2 cents.... probably quartz with hemetite viens. I have had several of those kind of rocks here that sounded off. Hemetite. TTC

OP
OP
okdiggermark

okdiggermark

Nov 7, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Lesche...
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Who said it has to be July for Fireworks? We got em right here on our own handy dandy T-Net! LMAO! :argue:

OP
OP
okdiggermark

okdiggermark

Nov 7, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:headbang:
TerryC said:
My 2 cents.... probably quartz with hemetite viens. I have had several of those kind of rocks here that sounded off. Hemetite. TTC

Terry, Bless your heart, everyone is firing off at each other....arguing goin on.....big huge debate......controversy.....and Terry doesn't veer off subject of topic. Terry, I've also got tons of respect for you, my friend! Thank you.

cantusemine

Jan 4, 2012
Detector(s) used
acer 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi just read your tread very interesting,as iv had the same but the rock i found are black in colour and seem heavy and my detector goes off to them
although i came across them at an old gold mining river i will post some pic/vid of them if yous want. as im new here i dont want to be invading any ones tread so il ask first.

OP
OP
okdiggermark

okdiggermark

Nov 7, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
cant said:
Hi just read your tread very interesting,as iv had the same but the rock i found are black in colour and seem heavy and my detector goes off to them
although i came across them at an old gold mining river i will post some pic/vid of them if yous want. as im new here i dont want to be invading any ones tread so il ask first.

Heck bud, I dont have a problem with it at all. Post your video. It what all this is about.

And welcome to T-Net!!!

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
okdiggermark said:
Who said it has to be July for Fireworks? We got em right here on our own handy dandy T-Net! LMAO! :argue:
okdiggermark..... It just get's me a little upset every time i see wrong information given out........And i see a lot of it............ That Freedom 2 detector you use was the first detector i had back in the 1980's .......... I still say that was the best detector i ever had.......... I had to quit useing it for the arthritis in my fingers would not let me pull the trigger on the pinpoint & second disc....... I would still be useing it if it was not for that.........

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keppy said:
okdiggermark said:
okdiggermark..... It just get's me a little upset every time i see wrong information given out........And i see a lot of it............ That Freedom 2 detector you use was the first detector i had back in the 1980's .......... I still say that was the best detector i ever had.......... I had to quit useing it for the arthritis in my fingers would not let me pull the trigger on the pinpoint & second disc....... I would still be useing it if it was not for that.........

Aww, Keppy, by gosh, I'll find a freedom, you tell me where to go with it, & I'll even dig the target. & everything found is yours! No if, ands or buts! I'll even open your beers for you.you just tell me when & where. I'll be there!

OP
OP
okdiggermark

okdiggermark

Nov 7, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Keppy said:
okdiggermark said:

Bless your heart Keppy. Dang the arthritis, and yes, I like my freedom 2 plus alot. It's a great detector! It just doesn't have the depth I'm after. Wanting to dig down into another generation, and it's not getting me there. Thank you so much for your always sincere thoughts Keppy! I got respect for you!!! You keep a pretty level head.....no matter WHO gives you a hard time. LOL Happy hunting my friend!

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@okdiggermark....hell......go marry the damn rock already...ugh

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just me spouting off again......

Frankn said:
ISM, My story is true, I don't BS. What determines if flour gold is picked up under any detector is the amount of flour gold that is under the coil. Usually it is scattered to such a degree that there is not enough under the coil to trigger a detection, but in the case I sited, it was in a dry wash where the gold washes down from the Chocolate Mountains. It builds up under rocks in the wash. That means that there is enough gold under the coil to trigger a responce. I don't know your prospecting experience, but I have at least 15 years experience at it and I am a life member of GPAA. You should put more thought into your replies before spouting off. Frank

Tell everybody what you had to do to be accepted as a life member of the GPAA.
After that, maybe you can post a video that proves Jason and I wrong.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
iCandy said:
Aww, Keppy, by gosh, I'll find a freedom, you tell me where to go with it, & I'll even dig the target. & everything found is yours! No if, ands or buts! I'll even open your beers for you.you just tell me when & where. I'll be there!
Adrian .... I :occasion14: would take you up on the beer for sure........

OP
OP
okdiggermark

okdiggermark

Nov 7, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
iCandy said:

LMAO, but I don't LOVE the rock Adrian. Sorry, but I think I'd be making a mistake if I did. :laughing9:

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ism said:
Frankn said:
ISM, My story is true, I don't BS. What determines if flour gold is picked up under any detector is the amount of flour gold that is under the coil. Usually it is scattered to such a degree that there is not enough under the coil to trigger a detection, but in the case I sited, it was in a dry wash where the gold washes down from the Chocolate Mountains. It builds up under rocks in the wash. That means that there is enough gold under the coil to trigger a responce. I don't know your prospecting experience, but I have at least 15 years experience at it and I am a life member of GPAA. You should put more thought into your replies before spouting off. Frank

Tell everybody what you had to do to be accepted as a life member of the GPAA.
After that, maybe you can post a video that proves Jason and I wrong.
iCandy said:
First, you tell us what you had to do to become a life member of the 'men who wear dresses association'....& then post a video of you in your favorite dress doing the tootsie roll retro style....& DO NOT forget to wear bloomers!! Do we have a deal?

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keppy said:
iCandy said:
Adrian .... I :occasion14: would take you up on the beer for sure........

Sounds good Keppy!
okdiggermark said:
You don't have to love the rock
iCandy said:

LMAO, but I don't LOVE the rock Adrian. Sorry, but I think I'd be making a mistake if I did. :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread