What is your favorite long handled scoop?

Massbaycolonist

Apr 15, 2006
Massachusetts
Greetings. I'm going to start surf detecting soon. I need to get a long-handled scoop. What are some of the best long handled scoops out there, and why? As for my style of surf detecting, I try not to go in waves/surf that is over my knees. I found one long handled scoop online that seems to be intelligently made (except for the material used). ProStock's Pro/Scoop. It's on the pricey side at $149.00. I would prefer to find a less expensive scoop that would work well.

One more thing about ProStock's Pro/Scoop: They use steel for the basket!! Why didn't they use aircraft grade aluminum? This scoop weighs in at six pounds! I think a lighter weight scoop would be more appropriate.

Oh-one more thing: I would like a scoop that is at least six inches wide.

Thank you, stay safe, and HH. Kevin

Upvote 0
jpotter said:
All the scoops have positive points, its too bad they don't combine them all to get the perfect scoop.

HH

sounds like a great idea, however if you ask 10 hunters what makes the perfect scoop you will get 10 different answers. heres a picture of a scoop that i think is moving in that directions. it is the scoop that i am currently using.

hh steve

Attachments

• frb small sq. closeup resized.jpg
    frb small sq. closeup resized.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 1,300

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back