What Is Your Very Best Civil War Find(s)?

Wes-N-VA

Nov 9, 2008
Southeast Virginia
Detector(s) used
The XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Attachments

• downsized_1218081647[1].jpg
    downsized_1218081647[1].jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 1,373
  • downsized_1218081647a[1].jpg
    downsized_1218081647a[1].jpg
    46 KB · Views: 1,366
  • cw relics.jpg
    cw relics.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 1,372

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well...might as well post this here as well as the end-of-the-year wrap-up (when I get it done lol).

Two plates in two consecutive targets in a row: Belt Plate and Breast Plate from the same uniform. April of this year. :)

plates.jpg

Attachments

• plates.jpg
    plates.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 1,280
Looking at this forum, this seems to be a common find. What makes this special is that I found it here in Canada. It came from a site that dates to the mid 1800's and I figure a U.S. family probably moved here during that time. I sure enjoyed looking at all the other finds on this thread! Keep 'em coming!
Dave.

Attachments

• P1060331.JPG
    P1060331.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 1,267

Corpsegrinder

Oct 21, 2008
Magnolia AR
Detector(s) used
(2)Minelab E-Tracs, 12x10 SEF's, Sunray X-1 Probes, & an arsonal of coils. Excal 2, Tesoro Golden Sabre+
Well i guess i will post what little my dad and i have found. Although i do not think any of these i found.. although i have a few more that i didn't get pictures of also..

Funny part about these is they were all dug up at churches. not one relic was dug up on a battlefield. But that will change!! i have relic fever lookin at all these great finds..

Nothing impressive. although the brass shotgun shell is complete not crushed in perfect condition.

Couple of cannon balls found at a house in Minden LA. that's now a parking lot... a rosette with backing plate, bullets. Jenkins Ferry Button (at least that is what the book says) and some other buttons that i dunno about.. That bayonet is WW2 we believe. found it proping a window up in an old house.. So on and so on...

IMG_7901.jpg

IMG_7902.jpg

IMG_7903.jpg

IMG_7904.jpg

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
BuckleBoy said:
Well...might as well post this here as well as the end-of-the-year wrap-up (when I get it done lol).

Two plates in two consecutive targets in a row: Belt Plate and Breast Plate from the same uniform. April of this year. :)

BuckleBoy you find the most awesome stuff and take great photos!

WOW just doesn't say it.

Badger

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Michigan Badger said:
BuckleBoy said:

BuckleBoy you find the most awesome stuff and take great photos!

WOW just doesn't say it.

Badger

Thank you, my friend. I could add one for this year from two weeks ago...but I figure there's enough sword belt plates posted already. What I want is a State plate or a Rebel plate. Not much luck of finding one up here, but there is a chance.

Best Wishes,

Buckles

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Corpsegrinder said:
Well i guess i will post what little my dad and i have found. Although i do not think any of these i found.. although i have a few more that i didn't get pictures of also..

Funny part about these is they were all dug up at churches. not one relic was dug up on a battlefield. But that will change!! i have relic fever lookin at all these great finds..

Nothing impressive. although the brass shotgun shell is complete not crushed in perfect condition.

Couple of cannon balls found at a house in Minden LA. that's now a parking lot... a rosette with backing plate, bullets. Jenkins Ferry Button (at least that is what the book says) and some other buttons that i dunno about.. That bayonet is WW2 we believe. found it proping a window up in an old house.. So on and so on...

Nothing impressive???

I'm impressed!

Excellent finds and display.

Badger

GL

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
South Central, NC
IMG_3232.jpg

1863 Springfield I found in a thicket of rifles in the corner of the local gunshop. Shotgun converted by ? All I need are bands and it would be a perfect reenactment arm. Ebay bayonet. I paid $300 for the musket, $30 for the bayonet.

bearbqd

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2007
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXP II w/ Sunray X-1 probe, Garrett AT Pro/Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's another one of my best. Confederate block A artillery button

Attachments

• Artillery Button.jpg
    Artillery Button.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 749
  • Artillery Button.jpg
    Artillery Button.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 750

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My best is this Union Cavalry Button. Dug at a local Union Fort in my Town. Dug 3 ringers and things, but this is my best Civil War find to date. I want a buckle bad.
IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0088.jpg

savinghist

Greenie
Feb 2, 2010
i found a badge years ago maybe some of you can id it for me. all you got to do is go to carrollcountyartifacts.com. its the fisrt thing you will see.thank you

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread