What to buy

SouthJerseyMD

Tenderfoot
Aug 6, 2005
Hello i was wandering if anyone can help me. Right now i have a prism 2 and want to upgrade. I am looking for a MD that can deal with the beaches in NJ (black sand ,hot rocks etc) and also woods,grass etc. So i am looking for all around detector but something good. I guess i would rather the MD to be better on beaches considering that is my main hunting. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Oh yeah i am looking to spend around 600.00 . I know thats not alot when it comes to this hobby but that is the most i can spend.
Thanks Mike

Upvote 0

southern gent

Aug 1, 2004
Pickens Co. S.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Sovriegn. Whites. Garret
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree with Bill. The CZ 5 as well as the CZ 7A would be great choices for NJ beaches. I am, as many will attest, am partial to Minelab. I like my soverign so much that I bought another for back-up. There are many detectors out there which will handle the conditions that you're going to find up there. No one detector is right for every person, so try as many as you can. Beg, borrow, rent... whatever it takes. The only thing worse than not finding treasure is wondering if you missed it because of the wrong equiptment. Good luck and HH! Chris

neilo

Aug 23, 2005
Without doubt the best detector for you would be an Explorer 2 if money is a problem i would go for a Quatro they are cheaper are slighly less powerful but have nearly all the same features. the detectors handle all black sand and mineralisation
easily failing that look at a Sovereign which has similar multi frequency features, and excell on the beaches and anywhere.

;D Neilo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread