What web photo site do you use and why?

Yak

Tenderfoot
Nov 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started with Picassa and Picassaweb just for the easy upload, even paid for extra storage. Now I'm using Flickr, 1TB storage for free and easy to use.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
My brother and nephew are both serious photographers and they use Flickr. I also am a serious type and while I do post on Flickr in Photoshop support group I haven't uploaded any pictures. They keep bugging me to upload and I probably will. Some of Flickr members have gone over to 500px but I thought it was a bit slick. I do industrial strength stuff. No pretty pictures. Flickr has, I thought, a wider balance of styles.
Not that it matters if your just uploading but I also like to look at what others have done.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I do some photography work and use Photoshop Elements to process them. I store all my images on CDs. I reduce the pictal count to 700 across for net use and keep them on a thumb drive. A friend of mind had her images stored in the clouds and the place folded resulting in all her images being dumped. When I place images here, they come from my thumb drive. Clouds can rain on you. Frank...
ELVIS 003.jpg

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been on Photobucket for a long time - possibly a decade - and sometimes I am pleased and sometimes not. The last upgrade was not, in my opinion, progress. But it's free and works for what I need. Any editing is best done elsewhere (I use Picasa and Nikon proprietary ViewNX2 for that).

Last edited:

LifeNRA

Apr 21, 2013
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Benn using photobucket.com for years! Never had any problems.

OP
OP
Native Floridian

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
THX for the info. Seems new and upgraded sites are popping up all the time. I may try more than one and see how goes.

wayfas4u

Mar 29, 2010
Lee county georgia
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett 2500 GTI, Garrett AT Pro & AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use IMGUR.COM..........has a quick copy/paste part for posting on forums.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread