What would you pay for a civil war group hunt?

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: What would you pay for civil war?

tough to say, depending on whether it was the home owner or was it a club wanting to make money at the home owners expense, and the size of the location, and or how many others going....personally thats my goal within the next year is to get to a organized, or somewhat organized CW hunt...six

OP
OP
relichunters

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro

Money would be donated to the school which is their property. Minimum of 12 members coming. Little bit of woods but mostly clear open cut fields.

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

A researched and (tested) site $50 to $100 depending on if I trusted the people and site.

Ed D

OP
OP
relichunters

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro

As far as I know, it hasn't been hit, it's at a school but I haven't seen any signs of holes or anything from anyone else. I went there once and pulled out a Sharps Carbine cw bullet, and a smaller bullet. Also a strange item that may be cw related. The ground is unchanged and still original. I found the carbine on the sidelines of the soccer field, so will be plenty there. There was a battle with about 2,500 or so soldiers about a 1/2 mile from this site. Then about 3 miles down, was 4 battles involving an estimated 15,000 soldiers (by history books and charts). 9 battles in total in the area. General Cluster and General Lee both were standing on this site (by historical markers). A train track runs along side it, and they marched up the train track following it. Also an old wagon road is in the woods on the outskirts of the school.

I figured a mild $25 per person would be fair, or $30 which would include lunch and a drink.

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2

That's fair enough. What part of the state? North, middle, south? I am from Northern Va. I may be able to visit kids and grandkids and get a nice hunt in.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Deja Vu? :icon_scratch:
Is this the place that has a cave, or was that another site where you were asking about interest?

Bran <><

DirtyMike

Feb 10, 2009
West Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, MXT, TDI, Tejon, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

relichunters said:
If there was a group hunt at a civil war battle/camp site, and has proved to be items to be found. What would you pay for a day of hunting it?

Let me know.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

that is very fair in my veiw

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Interesting.... :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
relichunters

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro

godisnum1 said:
Is this the place that has a cave, or was that another site where you were asking about interest?

Bran <><

That was a different site more in Northern VA, it didn't work out for a group there because it was private property and the owner was...well......rude.

This site is in Central Virginia. 30 minutes from Charlottesville.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

relichunters said:
godisnum1 said:

Bran <><

That was a different site more in Northern VA, it didn't work out for a group there because it was private property and the owner was...well......rude.

This site is in Central Virginia. 30 minutes from Charlottesville.

Ohhhhh... ok, got it! :thumbsup:

Bran <><

OP
OP
relichunters

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro

Well I will see if I can make it happen. With the size of the place, it will be limited to a max number of members. If it happens I will post an official group hunt thread, and first ones that sign up will be coming.

OP
OP
relichunters

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro

Not sure if its such a good spot for a group hunt. Two days of detecting there and only found 2 sharps carbine bullets. Plenty of clad tho. I think people would be really disappointed if they didn't find anything, or only one bullet tops. I should find a better place.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread