What would you pay for a civil war group hunt?

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
Re: What would you pay for civil war?

slipscomb said:
The only concerns I have is for personal items that would have belonged to my family would be made available to me (at a fair market value of course) as an option to "buy back" from the finder.
Sean

Sean,

I won't speak for others, but if I show up and hunt, anything I find that belongs to your family heritage you can have back free of charge just so you know where I come from on that part of what I consider a honor to hunt area.

binkie523

Tenderfoot
Jan 27, 2011
Northeast Tennessee

Thank you for the welcome. I was wondering when this might take place or is that still in the planning stages? Guess, I need to get me an RV for this hobby . . .a good excuse!! ;)

BobinSouthVA

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2007
SE Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Whites Prism II

slipscomb said:
I have a Plantation/Farm in the Middle Peninsula/Tidewater Region about 45 miles east of Richmond. Located on the site is remnants of an ancient Indian village (arrow heads, tomahawks, grinding stones, clay pipe, ect.) as well as dinosaure bones and prehistoric sea shells located along the river bank I have collected since childhood. There have been Civil War battles fought nearby (Bacon's Rebellion and the Battle of Cold Harbour) not to mention the thousands of troop movements throughout the area. My family has found buttons, pistols, bullets, buckles and bayonets among other items to name a few. Perhaps some of you would like to make a trip near the coast some time!

Sean

Sean

I live just down the road in Gloucester and would be happy to join in if you get this going. probably have drooled at this property on one of our many trips to Richmond for soccer games, although I can't say the house looks familiar.

and as others have posted, anything that is personal items lost by your family would gladly be returned at no cost.

Give me a shout if it looks like it's going to happen.

Bob

Wes-N-VA

Nov 9, 2008
Southeast Virginia
Detector(s) used
The XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

I live in Hampton Roads and my uncle lives in Williamsburg. We both hunt near Richmond and would love to join in and hunt if things work out. Also, if I or my uncle finds something that holds family value to you, well like the other have stated it's yours. I like what I see from the other guys on here, means alot to see everyone so honest. Wish the land owners read these forums and saw the real hunters out there who respect and care for peoples property and lost family valuables. Not all of us are night hawks and trespassers. Thanks and my email address is [email protected]

binkie523

Tenderfoot
Jan 27, 2011
Northeast Tennessee

Sean,
Thank you for you response. I think eastern Virginia might be closer for me since I am in Northeast Tennessee. I don't really know anything about this hobby yet so I would be learning but I guess, everyone as to start somewhere!! Please, keep me posted and let me know if a hunt does get organized there. It sounds like a wonderful place.
Binkie

slipscomb said:
Hi, like I posted above your post, I am very interested in this hobby and I would love to have my first hunt in FL. It sounds awesome! Is there nearby hotel or somewhere to stay while there? If you don't mind my asking, how much does it cost to register for one of these hunts? :icon_thumleft:

Binkie,
Just to be sure, you realize this site is in eastern Virginia? Not that we would have any problems of you joining us on our Hunt! I look forward to meeting anyone that decides to visit me. There is a Hotel in town about 7 miles away and anyone is welcome to camp on the property and use the facilities in the house. In fact, I have regular social events here at least once a month from Spring to Fall and even some winter campouts here on the Farm. There is a fire pit for bonfires behind the shed. As far as cost, that is a question for the members or local club that perhpas would organize such an event.

Sean

KingsMtnMan

Greenie
Jan 18, 2009
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Infinium, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'm interested. Keep me posted.
Thanks,
Curt

slipscomb said:
I have a Plantation/Farm in the Middle Peninsula/Tidewater Region about 45 miles east of Richmond. Located on the site is remnants of an ancient Indian village (arrow heads, tomahawks, grinding stones, clay pipe, ect.) as well as dinosaure bones and prehistoric sea shells located along the river bank I have collected since childhood. There have been Civil War battles fought nearby (Bacon's Rebellion and the Battle of Cold Harbour) not to mention the thousands of troop movements throughout the area. My family has found buttons, pistols, bullets, buckles and bayonets among other items to name a few. Perhaps some of you would like to make a trip near the coast some time!

Sean

WKYDIGGER

Jan 25, 2011
western Ky.
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I would like to come to Va. I'm positive I could get a few days off from work for that. I missed a DIV hunt so this would work out great.

Mike

sdun85

Feb 21, 2011
Newport News, VA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sean,
I would be interested in joining this outing. I live in Newport News just a short drive. Please keep me updated as to when you plan this. Thanks.

Scott

slipscomb said:
How many are willing to travel this far? I own the 5 acres surrounding the current house and share ownership of the surrounding acres with two brothers of mine. Uncles and cousins own the rest but I could secure permission for a specific day perhaps depending on how many people are interested. My family has lived here since the late 1600's and the previous house was burned down in 1914 and there is alot of glassware and iron artifacts lying on the surface as the area has been cultivaed continuously for generations. Here are some pics of the current house and surrounding area....

Farmpics011.jpg

Farmpics015.jpg

DSC00010.jpg

The only concerns I have is for personal items that would have belonged to my family would be made available to me (at a fair market value of course) as an option to "buy back" from the finder.

Sean

dragon6banger

Sep 23, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
garrett gtp 1350

Slip i would be very interested in hunting there with you...just give us a heads up when you wanna do this.

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim

just set a date, time and price and I'm sure you will get a good turnout!! I'm interested for sure! And of course we return all family related items.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread