What would you pay for a civil war group hunt?

RuffandTuff

Nov 24, 2005
Re: What would you pay for civil war?

Mr. Relichunters, I am interested. Any day but Sunday. Thanks, RuffandTuff

TheRandyMan

Apr 3, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II, Minelab Etrac, Ace 250k, Discovery TF-900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very interested...any day but Saturday :icon_sunny:

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'd be interested if you find a site. Thanks

bearbqd

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2007
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXP II w/ Sunray X-1 probe, Garrett AT Pro/Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'm in too if there is room

c4teeter

Mar 30, 2010
Ms, Fl and parts unknown!!!
Detector(s) used
Whites VX3; Cen Tech Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yea thanks for being honest! Put me on the list with some notice when you find a place. I need a vacation... I'm sure some land owners wouldn't mind making a little money... You could even put a little money in your pocket, organizing hunts for some of less fortunate hunters that aren't blessed with civil war and plantation sites (Kinda like the DIV hunts).. Sounds great and Keep Us Posted

colorado14ers

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2010
Naples, Fl
Detector(s) used
whites M6, Surfmaster PI

i would pay $25 any day! i was thinking more along the lines of $50 though. I would love to do somthing like that.

binkie523

Tenderfoot
Jan 27, 2011
Northeast Tennessee

relichunters said:
If there was a group hunt at a civil war battle/camp site, and has proved to be items to be found. What would you pay for a day of hunting it?

I am very new to this whole idea but would love to try treasure hunting/ metal detecting . . . I noticed this post and wondered if this hunt was an annual event?
I would love to learn more about this hobby.
Deana

slipscomb

May 18, 2010
West Point, Virginia

I have a Plantation/Farm in the Middle Peninsula/Tidewater Region about 45 miles east of Richmond. Located on the site is remnants of an ancient Indian village (arrow heads, tomahawks, grinding stones, clay pipe, ect.) as well as dinosaure bones and prehistoric sea shells located along the river bank I have collected since childhood. There have been Civil War battles fought nearby (Bacon's Rebellion and the Battle of Cold Harbour) not to mention the thousands of troop movements throughout the area. My family has found buttons, pistols, bullets, buckles and bayonets among other items to name a few. Perhaps some of you would like to make a trip near the coast some time!

Sean

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I would slip,,, what do you propose?

slipscomb

May 18, 2010
West Point, Virginia

How many are willing to travel this far? I own the 5 acres surrounding the current house and share ownership of the surrounding acres with two brothers of mine. Uncles and cousins own the rest but I could secure permission for a specific day perhaps depending on how many people are interested. My family has lived here since the late 1600's and the previous house was burned down in 1914 and there is alot of glassware and iron artifacts lying on the surface as the area has been cultivaed continuously for generations. Here are some pics of the current house and surrounding area....

Farmpics011.jpg

Farmpics015.jpg

DSC00010.jpg

The only concerns I have is for personal items that would have belonged to my family would be made available to me (at a fair market value of course) as an option to "buy back" from the finder.

Sean

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

this is a beautiful property your family owns, and would be an awesome undertaking, but i would do this with a very careful rules behind it and with the proper paperwork in order. We did have a great organzied hunt here in florida. cooler weather is a plus as heat can be crazy...pretty sure others here will chime in, go look in the treasure net member hunts here and see how they organized their hunts.

DFXScott

Greenie
Sep 19, 2008

Slip,
I would certainly be interested in attending. I think most people would agree to just give back any family heirlooms that might be found. I know I would...no problem. I think it is kind of MD'ing code. Of course, I would be very interested in detecting the site. I have relatives in Virginia and also go there for work all the time, so it would be easy for me!
Scott

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70

I would be interested....keep me in the loop.
Baggins

binkie523

Tenderfoot
Jan 27, 2011
Northeast Tennessee

slipscomb said:
I have a Plantation/Farm in the Middle Peninsula/Tidewater Region about 45 miles east of Richmond. Located on the site is remnants of an ancient Indian village (arrow heads, tomahawks, grinding stones, clay pipe, ect.) as well as dinosaure bones and prehistoric sea shells located along the river bank I have collected since childhood. There have been Civil War battles fought nearby (Bacon's Rebellion and the Battle of Cold Harbour) not to mention the thousands of troop movements throughout the area. My family has found buttons, pistols, bullets, buckles and bayonets among other items to name a few. Perhaps some of you would like to make a trip near the coast some time!

Sean

Hi, like I posted above your post, I am very interested in this hobby and I would love to have my first hunt in FL. It sounds awesome! Is there nearby hotel or somewhere to stay while there? If you don't mind my asking, how much does it cost to register for one of these hunts? :icon_thumleft:

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library

binkie523 said:
relichunters said:
If there was a group hunt at a civil war battle/camp site, and has proved to be items to be found. What would you pay for a day of hunting it?

I am very new to this whole idea but would love to try treasure hunting/ metal detecting . . . I noticed this post and wondered if this hunt was an annual event?
I would love to learn more about this hobby.
Deana

some turn into annual events but most are a one time thing there are many around the country in different areas as Tnet members locate and give other Tnetters access to it also like this one in VA if it goes

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library

I am interested but need to keep May open as that is Brandon and Hanna's wedding time so I will be in the show me state then

slipscomb said:
How many are willing to travel this far? I own the 5 acres surrounding the current house and share ownership of the surrounding acres with two brothers of mine. Uncles and cousins own the rest but I could secure permission for a specific day perhaps depending on how many people are interested. My family has lived here since the late 1600's and the previous house was burned down in 1914 and there is alot of glassware and iron artifacts lying on the surface as the area has been cultivaed continuously for generations. Here are some pics of the current house and surrounding area....

Farmpics011.jpg

Farmpics015.jpg

DSC00010.jpg

The only concerns I have is for personal items that would have belonged to my family would be made available to me (at a fair market value of course) as an option to "buy back" from the finder.

Sean

slipscomb

May 18, 2010
West Point, Virginia

Hi, like I posted above your post, I am very interested in this hobby and I would love to have my first hunt in FL. It sounds awesome! Is there nearby hotel or somewhere to stay while there? If you don't mind my asking, how much does it cost to register for one of these hunts? :icon_thumleft:

Binkie,
Just to be sure, you realize this site is in eastern Virginia? Not that we would have any problems of you joining us on our Hunt! I look forward to meeting anyone that decides to visit me. There is a Hotel in town about 7 miles away and anyone is welcome to camp on the property and use the facilities in the house. In fact, I have regular social events here at least once a month from Spring to Fall and even some winter campouts here on the Farm. There is a fire pit for bonfires behind the shed. As far as cost, that is a question for the members or local club that perhpas would organize such an event.

Sean

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library

binkie523 said:
slipscomb said:

Sean

cost vary on hunts too depending on overheads etc, we stay in hotels. camp. cabins or RVs go read some of the older hunt threads and you will see how it progresses and info is put out by others. BTW welcome to Tnet as I see your new here and hope you enjoy the learning of the hobby many of us are addicted too :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread