Whats everyone spend on fuel to CRH per year?

Big Fat Cheeseball

Jun 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
What's everyone spend on fuel to CRH per year?

Though it would be fun and interesting to see what everyone spends on gas to CRH per year. Here is a graph of the US average gas price for the past 12 months. With an average price of $3.57 per gallon.

If I just stick with my "normal" dump and pickups my round trip mileage is about 24. My truck gets 15 mpg.:BangHead: @ $3.57 per gallon I spend $5.71 per week and my yearly total is $297.00. That would be my minimum since I do a few crh trips now and then but most of the banks I hit are within a few miles of one another and I try to also do any errands in the area to save some cash. I know this is just an average but you can get some idea how much is spent.
Feel free to add yours.

HH
Big Fat

chart.gif

Last edited:
Upvote 0

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Between $1200 and $1500/yr. Mostly all for dumping.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah, my truck gets 14 mpg, i probrably spend more on gas than the silver I bring in, then you got to tack on coin machine shortages on top of that, i am really losing money... but this isn't a job, it's a hobby.
HH
Buff

eolson3

Apr 11, 2011
not much, I live in a big city so going to and from work I pass multiple branches.

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't watch my gas mileage at all. It is a hobby so the gas doesn't concern me, and makes all the silver i find feel more like a prize instead of trying to pay my gas bills.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Driving, especially one ways more than 15 miles, kill my CRHing mood.

I spend "several hundred" on fuel for the Hyundia, and I sometime get starbutts coffee. I count that against my CRHing totals

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
75 miles a week, $3.50 a gallon, 14 mpg... 1/2 oz of silver on a good week, I am paying more for gas than the silver i bring in.
I went on a 125 mile road trip(round trip) last week and literally broke even with the Ag I found.

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im not really sure, like others said, its a hobby and dont really concern with it, although I know im not loosing out...

I did start a new route for this coming week, and checked mileage and everything, but if I keep with my current silver finds, I wont be losing out on gas money...

I got about 22-24 boxes lined up... gonna be a busy week

thripp

Jun 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I average about $25 per week... my vehicle is not fuel efficient and I average about 110 miles per week. But I don't lose money like some of you guys!

CopperHoarder

Dec 23, 2012
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Don't use one yet.
Primary Interest:
Other
I just hit my local bank on the way home from school.. They usually close at 3:00 I get back from my welding class at 2:55 It's then a race to get there before they close. + It's on my way home so I don't spend anything more then I should on gas.

OP
OP
Big Fat Cheeseball

Big Fat Cheeseball

Jun 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for all the posts. I'm with most of you on this. It's a hobby and love doing it. I can't say that if I wasn't finding much Ag that I would continue to do it every week, but would still do it here and there. Over the long haul gas could become a factor unless you have some deep pockets or at least you are getting some coin with some value. I just don't like to lose hard earned money, period. For me the small amount of fuel spent each week is really minimal to the amount of keepers I am able to stack away. I can only think of 2 weeks in the past yr. that I was completely skunked on Ag. What other hobby is out there that makes you money and have fun doing it all at the same time. When I figured my fuel cost I was shocked that it was as low as it was, seems like the gas gauge goes down fast these days!

HH
Big Fat

Numismaniac

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2010
I do ok as I drive a hybrid and get 45mpg+. Also do most of my dumps and pickups on way home from work.

It's a hobby though. Would have to do HUGE volume to actually make enough to live on.

fixxxer9

Jan 8, 2013
SLC, UT
Primary Interest:
Other
I drive for work and I get paid .55 cents a mile. I pick up and drop off on my way to appointments so I actually get paid to crh during the week.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I set my trip odometer 3weeks ago, 1100 miles has logged on it so far, ( I used the wifes mini van 17-18 miles a gallon) lets say for around town and stuff we take off a 100 miles,thrill of the hunt for me and trying new areas. I would say i probably drive more than most to do this hobby, but still stay under the cost of just buying Silver outright by the end of the year. HH, Maverick.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread