Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Re: What's For Dinner?

AU24K said:
truckinbutch said:
Pork shoulder sliced inch thick crosswise , rubbed with my special dry rub (paprika , brown sugar , garlic and ground hot pepper are part of it ) . Slow smoked in my sidebox grill with hickory and wild cherry for 2 hrs at 200 degrees then wrapped in foil and finished in a 350 degree oven until tender .
Portabella mushrooms marinated for a day in Italian dressing and stuck in the same oven until done .
Salad of fresh lettuce , green onions , peppers (all from the garden) , some cheese and a dressing of choice .
Can't wait until the 'maters start ripening and then we'll have a real feast .

MMMMM.
Can bring my own plate and silverware...

Scott
'Cmon over . Just bring an appetite and a congenial manner . We're farm folks . There is always an extra place at the table and enough food to go around for friends ;D

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero

Left over grilled chicken, leftover field peas and corn bread and whatever else I can find in the fridge that is left over. :D Going to be a lot of leftovers around here for the next couple weeks but that's OK. I'm in the process of moving...."HOME". :thumbsup:

Thanks AU24K. Best thread on T-Net. :wink:

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I made tuna salad for lunch so left over with tomato and some jello left from last night !

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar

Slow smoked a 5lb hunk of beef today . Wife made a tater casserole to go along with it .Fresh loaf of unsliced rye bread , a few 'nanner and Tai peppers fresh picked from the garden .
Beefsteak 'mater had an orange cast to it this morning . I'm stalking that rascal !

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Toying with the idea of a baked salmon loaf with Bearnaise sauce(light on the tarragon),
spinach greens, twice baked potato and a tall, cold glass of milk.

It's either that or tacos with home made french fries and a beer. :laughing7:

Best,
Scott

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

AU24K said:
Toying with the idea of a baked salmon loaf with Bearnaise sauce(light on the tarragon),
spinach greens, twice baked potato and a tall, cold glass of milk.

It's either that or tacos with home made french fries and a beer. :laughing7:

Best,
Scott

Well, ain't it funny how beer will win?
So, Tacos, Home-made french fries, Southern prepared black beans, corn on the cob, a jalepeno, pickled garlic cloves and a big glass of iced tea...

Good eatin' y'all,
Scott

Attachments

• what 003.jpg
    what 003.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 272

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Left over tuna salad and jello and what ever else I ccan find in the fridge ! :laughing7:

I wonder if there is a beer in the back ummmm ! Maybe top shelf ??

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar

Just a salad . Leftover smoked beef , 3 cheeses , fresh garden lettuce , peppers , onion , toasted rye bread croutons , all slathered in ranch dressing .
I can see the acid reflux building in it before I even take a bite ..... Worth it , every mouthful .........

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I had a bowl of Frosted Flakes with a nanner in it ! Not much but, was hot and busy just didn't feel like cookin to much to do tonight off an on !

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

My wood cooked mesquite BBQ Chicken :icon_sunny:

Attachments

• DSC04434.jpg
    DSC04434.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 216

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero

simonds said:
To night it will be
pork chops with fried potatoes and onions
after a few beers , of course.

Allready had the few beers while cutting grass. :D Now got to go see what the fixins are.

extractor said:
My wood cooked mesquite BBQ Chicken :icon_sunny:

That's some of the best looking chicken I've seen. Looks like you're cooking it with indirect heat. :thumbsup:

That's the only way to cook chicken. :wink: And then, there's allways the rotisserie. ::)

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 2 - My eyes

Extractor, That chicken looks great.

I know it's summer, but we decided to make up a big pot of chili last night with fresh hot peppers from the garden, and we had some grilled cheese sandwiches with it.

Today we'll be having leftover chili for lunch, and I'm not really for sure on what we'll have for supper.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR

The rat I took out of the trap this morning. I have always wondered what they taste like. They taste just like squirrel! I cooked him, after skinning and cleaning, in the turkey roaster. I gave him an Italian flavouring. He went well with the peas and potatoes!

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Frankn said:
The rat I took out of the trap this morning. I have always wondered what they taste like. They taste just like squirrel! I cooked him, after skinning and cleaning, in the turkey roaster. I gave him an Italian flavouring. He went well with the peas and potatoes!

Hmmmmm...
Was the entree that of choice or necessity?
If necessity, I feel your pain; there were times long, long ago, that my dinner came from the dumpster of a restaurant...
I truly know what hunger is...

Best Wishes,
Scott

PS. I can only hope that your post was for humor...if not, PM me. ASAP!

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I guess the salmon with bernaise sauce's is what's for dinner tonight...
Pop a top on a beer, Gus!

Best,
Scott

PS. Film at 11:00?

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Don't kmow going to church group tonight. Gotta look in the freezer for tomorrows supper. Had to go pawn my wedding rings today so I can get things I need til I get my 1st pay ck !

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mental Granny said:
Don't kmow going to church group tonight. Gotta look in the freezer for tomorrows supper. Had to go pawn my wedding rings today so I can get things I need til I get my 1st pay ck !

Granny, PM Me!
Just remember, if you don't, I SPANK!

Scott

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread