OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: What's For Dinner?

Last night I put a roast in the crockpot and turned it on low overnight. This morning I added potatoes and carrots. Guess what's for dinner. :icon_scratch: :dontknow:

Yep! Roast with veggies! A couple of slices of bread and butter and a big glass of moo juice and let's get full!

Best Wishes,
Scott

Attachments

• roast.jpg
    roast.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 169

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 2 - My eyes

That looks great Scott, tonight we are having leftover Chinese, can't remember what dishes we ordered last night but it is always delicious unless it has peanuts in it.

All I can say is it's a lot of meat, seafood and enough fried rice to feed 10 people.

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

simonds said:
Scott, That right there looks Excellent.

Thanks. It will make for a fine vegtable beef stew. All I need to do is cook up some barley and add some peas and green beans.
Mmmmm. Leftovers! :thumbsup:

Windharvester-Can't go wrong with Chinese. :headbang:

Best,
Scott

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Just back from a four day walk-about in the mountains of north Georgia. All is good. Had enough rations to last another five-or more days.
I'm home now and will consume the rations that I had planned for contingencies in the rough.....
Tonight, I'm having deli brats, sausage and dried fruit for dinner. :thumbsup:
I will post more details of my adventures in "Mugshots."

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,251717.0.html

Ah, Home sweet home bed tonight! Hope all will sleep comfortably tonight! :thumbsup:

Always,
My best,
Scott

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I am having left overs also. I still have some form the things the ladies at the church brought me so tonight Im having lasguna an salad ! :icon_sunny:

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Tonight mixed greens salad w/tomato an olives sprinkled with sunflower seeds. Sliced avacado and a bowl of bacon bean soup ......then a chewy oatmeal cookie washed down with cold glass of milk ! ;D

simonds

Feb 4, 2005
Tioga Co. Pa.

Beef, It's what's for dinner
My Saturday night special
Tossed salad
Beef steak
Baked potato with sour cream
Green beans

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Kids gave me $ to take kids to eat tonight so we went Pizza Hut ... not even 7pm they were out of Mac & Cheese they were out of kids cups they were out of spatulas to bring out with the pizza an we got the last supreme ?????? WTH ! And still pd 25 $ !

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mental Granny said:
Kids gave me $ to take kids to eat tonight so we went Pizza Hut ... not even 7pm they were out of Mac & Cheese they were out of kids cups they were out of spatulas to bring out with the pizza an we got the last supreme ?????? WTH ! And still pd 25 $ !

I'll tell you, Granny, the quality of food and service received lately at the national chains of most restaurants has dramatically decreased in say the last 5 years.
I usually like to try local or regional establishments. The extra service is noticeable; the employees like their jobs and are glad to see you.
When travelling in new towns, I always look to see what little local diner's parking lots are packed.
If still unsure, ask any trucker, they know the good places! :thumbsup:

Best,
Scott

Unicorn

Nov 18, 2007
Birmingham
Primary Interest:
Other

We had roast beef, Yorkshire pudding, roast potatoes, and mixed veggies. I am not too sure if you have Yorkshire pudding over in the US, but if anyone is interested I can post the recipe, and how we cook it. It's very easy but is great to taste, particularly with roast beef.

goldie1959

Oct 7, 2007
michigan
Detector(s) used
garrett ultra gta 500

I would like the recipe. thanks I cheating tonight no kids Lou,s in Pa. Im going to WENDYS and I just might bring myself home a Frosty . Not much on fast foods but can handle a wendys every now and then.Hey Granny and everyone . Just discovered the topic summary at the bottom of the reply section no wonder Im slow learner with the detector . things right under my nose, glad it wasn't a snake :o

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Uh oh You found what where? Sounds like something I need to read !
Pancakes didn't cook right I hate this fryin pan ! Well scrambled eggs worked !
When I get hungry I can go to Brahms I got gift card yeah! But we are under a tonado watch right now !
It 1st one of the season whoo hoo ! :tongue3:

And yes I too would love the recipe !

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR

I decided to treat myself tonite. I picked up some portabelo mushrooms. I cut them up into bite size and cooked them in melted butter with some garlick and Italian seasoning. Cooked some thin sliced venison strips in the pressure cooker and then fried them in the mushroom butter in the pan. Threw in some french cut stringbeans for a green. Had coffee "French Roast" fresh ground and 2 fresh baked blueberry muffins that I just baked.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Blueberry muffins .... venison all sounds wonderful I had corn beef hash 7 layer dipw chips an avacado slices.

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Not agreeable to all palates, but I had sauerkraut with kielbasa, boiled potatoes, green beans and a glass of sweet tea. Desert will be a couple of pop tarts(blueberry) and a glass of chocolate milk.

Best,
Scott

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions