OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: What's For Dinner?

mcgearhead said:
How anyone could eat those "rocky mountain oysters" is beyond me !!! Gross !!

Mac,
I understand that they are boiled. For a long time. Then, as far as I'm concerned, you put a little salt on 'em and throw them out the back door and watch the dogs fight for 'em. :laughing7:

Oh, and by the way, you may want to rethink the "tube steak" synonym.... :tongue3:

Best,
Scott

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ahem...

Moving along...
I know folks here in the south that use everything from a slaughtered animal. Why, they use everything but the oink on a butchered hog.
It may not always be for edible consumption, but it is used. Hog fat for soap, hide for leather from a steer, tendon sinew for strong twine, etc.

That's where you get the phrase, "A Country Boy Can Survive." :headbang:

Best,
Scott

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mcgearhead said:
yes we can Scott !!!

The only reason we ain't using the squeal from a pig is because we ain't found no way to catch it, or any use for it !!

HA HA !!! That reminded me of something !!! Squeal like a pig !!! Somebody has got to know what I'm talking about !!

Paddle faster, I hear banjos!!!

Best,
Scott

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mcgearhead said:
Well last night my wife made us all some good 'ole home made chili !!! Right before we all crawled into the tent for the night !!!

What on earth was she thinking !!!
You sure you didn't mean.. "What on earth was she stinking!!!" ? Think your subconcience reared up there. :D :icon_thumleft: :laughing7:

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dueling bajos HUMMM ! and Calf Fries ::)

Anyway I wanted to eat out to night to celebrate so daughter grandkids an i went Mexican. I went to Dr. today an he wont see me for 6 mo. An I will have no oncoligist no blood work no anything ! :hello2:

Praises to GOD ! HE took me all the way!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Baked Fish with lemon juice, salad, 8 ozs of water with 2 scoops of whey protein then water with lemon.... :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Granny,
You go girl! You're my inspiration to make a day of it every morning. You will out live the ornery(me).
But you make living every day worthwhile! :thumbsup:

Luv Ya!

Best,
Scott

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks Scott! I gotta keep going if only to read about your camping trips an what you fix to eat. :laughing7:

Love you too ! Evy :icon_sunny:

I am back to work today otherwise would not be up this dadblame early !

Unicorn

Nov 18, 2007
Birmingham
Primary Interest:
Other

Well done MG I am really pleased to hear your good news, you are going back to work as well? that sure is a positive sign.

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other

I went fishin yesterday & caught a bass about 2 lbs. so I brought it home & fried it up w/ home made french fries & a salad. when I cleaned the fish, there was a huge spotted salamander in its stomach! was the biggest thing I've found inside one. have to say it was an excellent meal, & a great way to end a perfect day!

Unicorn

Nov 18, 2007
Birmingham
Primary Interest:
Other

With Shrove tuesday coming next week, do you make the traditional pancakes, and have those pancake races?

gord

Mar 30, 2005
London, ON

boogeyman said:
AU24K said:
UGH!
Leftovers again!
Y'all know how hard it can be cookin' for one?

Gotta remember not to eat anything that's fluorescent, green or has fuzz....... :tongue3:

Best,
Scott
Hey! Ya gotta live life dangerously once in a while! As long as it doesn't look like a science project gone wrong it might be good! Remember if all else fails, spit it out & head to Mickey Ds ;D

I think I'd rather eat something that's fluorescent green and fuzzy than anything from Mickey D's!

simonds

Feb 4, 2005
Tioga Co. Pa.

Sunday night:
A few cold beers
A Big ol cheeseburger with onion, lettuce and tomato.
Homemade frenchfries with miracle whip for dipping.
Watch it snow.

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I made up about 9-10 burritos. Wrapped them individually in foil and put them in the freezer. Next camping trip, I'll put them in the cooler with ice and have them for a dinner. Just set them on a flat rock beside the fire for awhile till they reheat properly.

For dinner, I'm having hot wings, a salad and sweet tea.

Best,
Scott

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Tonight it was light corn beef hash and salad with slices of avacado.
Went light tonight because we had a chili cook off at church today with deserts!

And ya gotta try everyhting .... you know ...... so you can vote fairly ! :dontknow:

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Evening Unicorn you posted --> think a vindaloo curry is about the hotest
I see that we have something in common so do I, especially on those long, cold, Britland nights.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread