OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: What's For Dinner?

I am allergic to onions. However I love onions.
I bought a small white onion the other day and sliced it thinly. I then soaked it overnight in milk. Milk seems to neutralize the whojou and then make onions edible for me.(Chemical enzyme reaction type thing I guess....)

I fired up the "Fry-Daddy" and am going to have onion rings! :hello2:

The batter I made is basically from a pancake mix with some "secret" spices and seasonings.

Hope it doesn't hurt.
Much.

Best,
Scott

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Unicorn said:
Like you know your coffee's Scott, we know our tea's. Earl Grey tea is a Chinese tea, and like all Chinese tea's they are much lighter. I prefer Indian tea which is stronger, but usually its the every day tea that we drink.

What would be a proper tea to drink for breakfast?

Best,
Scott

Unicorn

Nov 18, 2007
Birmingham
Primary Interest:
Other

Well over here Scott we have a special blend called "breakfast tea" but if you are looking for something that is similar in the US, I would go for "assam tea". It's an Indian tea and just about right....well for me anyhow. Try experimenting with some different types, but as I said before Chinese tea is a little to weak for me. I don't really go in for these other flavoured tea's like green tea, or peppermint tea, although on reflection a peppermint tea would be ok if you have any stomach problems. It's just if you like it or not, either way I do think tea has alot less caffeine in it, and could possibly be better for you with your ulcer problem. I really think it's what you have been used to drinking. As you know we are more of a tea Country, but coffee drinking is becoming more popular, especially with Starbucks opening up over here.

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

If I'm going to drink tea, I want the strongest available. Just my preference.

Best,
Scott

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 2 - My eyes

Last night my brother invited us to his place for dinner, we had chicken breasts on the grill, peas, green beans and the best corn I've had all winter because it was blanched and frozen last fall. I didn't know he had it so now I've got a source to buy/barter it or talk him out of it with my brotherly love.

Unicorn

Nov 18, 2007
Birmingham
Primary Interest:
Other

WindHarvester said:
Last night my brother invited us to his place for dinner, we had chicken breasts on the grill, peas, green beans and the best corn I've had all winter because it was blanched and frozen last fall. I didn't know he had it so now I've got a source to buy/barter it or talk him out of it with my brotherly love.

It's great to be able to deep freeze garden stuff when they are at there freshest.
We had roast chicken, cabbage, and peas, with some new potatoes for dinner today, really enjoyed it as well.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Brotherly love ? Ok ..... I dont know tonight i am munching now then going to Life group (church) if we eat ok if not I got a pork chop thawed an stuff for scaleped potatoes. :icon_sunny:

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used

Mental Granny said:
Brotherly love ? Ok ..... I dont know tonight i am munching now then going to Life group (church) if we eat ok if not I got a pork chop thawed an stuff for scaleped potatoes. :icon_sunny:

Brotherly love is when I promise to help work on his car the next time it breaks down, or I throw up the last time I worked on it when it broke down. :laughing9:

That's what Brothers do right? :dontknow:

Unicorn

Nov 18, 2007
Birmingham
Primary Interest:
Other

Well I made a right mess of my last post to you WH sorry about that.
Durn it, I even forgot what it was I posted now.. :icon_scratch: It will come back to me ......I hope... :laughing7:

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used

Unicorn said:
WindHarvester said:

It's great to be able to deep freeze garden stuff when they are at there freshest.
We had roast chicken, cabbage, and peas, with some new potatoes for dinner today, really enjoyed it as well.

Yes it is great, when you get the winter blues you can always have a little taste of summer with your meals, not to mention all the money it saves.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Tada I fied my self something good tonight! Afried pork chop an scalloped potatoes ! Sliced mater an green onion ! Yummmm!

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Tonight, it's quick and simple; Cheeseburgers, tater tots, green beans and sweet tea.

If there's room, dessert will be s'more ice cream and chocolate syrup topping. :thumbsup:
MMMMMmmmm....

Best,
Scott

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used

Today was leftover egg rolls with sweet sauce, tonight is chili we thawed from our last big batch, with lots of Tabasco and crackers.

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used

Today lunch was again chili soup with crackers and Tabasco. This evening it is just my son and I so I'm cooking us up a round steak, with frozen corn from last fall and some collard greens.

Have a great safe weekend folks!

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I had to go to Wally world to get a wedding gift an a birthday gift an so since I forgot to lay something out to thaw I picked up a package of burger came home an made myself tacos ! YummmmY!

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used

Mental Granny said:
I had to go to Wally world to get a wedding gift an a birthday gift an so since I forgot to lay something out to thaw I picked up a package of burger came home an made myself tacos ! YummmmY!

We absolutely love tacos but they are getting so expensive for us, once we by Mexican imported tomato's and lettuce and then buy salsa, cheese, sour cream, onion it just get pricey. We all love them and it's a great treat that we've learned to cut some corners on. Mind you we have four people who eat 4-6 at a setting and then want leftovers for the next day. ;D

Deer meat is our best cost cutter, and instead of the kits we buy the individual packets of the seasoning and that helps a lot.

Hope you enjoyed them and have a great evening.

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other

Soon it will be spring and I'll check out our lake house which is located by a small northern lake. The fishing is awesome for bluegills and pike with depths of nearly 100 feet. The water is unspoiled and crystal clear. My wife hates the place because it's way out in the woods and every time she goes with me she thinks she has to clean the place. I tell her to forget it but women are funny that way. Cast iron pans are perfectly safe if the crap is burned off over an open fire.

I'll check the place out as soon as the snow melts and see if I was robbed by snowmobilers who ride around our lake during the winter months. One year they stripped all the copper wiring out of the garage.

Anyway, the cooking will consist mostly of fried bluegill. I like to catch these 9 to 11 inchers and fillet them while still alive (I gently whop them dead before filleting).

I like to roll the fillets in pancake flour (salt & pepper) and deep fry in regular cooking oil. A couple cans of COKE also go well. Just very simple.

I then fix my easel and knock out a painting or two. While there I often see coyotes and other wildlife.

Attachments

• bluegillweeds.jpg
    bluegillweeds.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 115

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WH I am by my self so I eat one med sz.an am fine so I got plenty left over meat. I don't have access to deer meat anymore, a guy use to come in where Jeff worked an would bring some but......

MB fishin is comming soon ! :icon_sunny:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions