Whats the difference between the SE and LTD F75s???

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
B

bg64vw

Jan 25, 2009
Re: Whats the difference between the SE and LTD F75's???

Im sorry you will have to overlook my ignorance of detectors. I was referring to the Special Edition F75 and Limited Edition F75, not the minelab SE. My apologies but thanks for responding. I notice you always have some informative posts.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

The color of the machine. The SE is camo. LTD is the Black newest version. Not allot of people liked the camo.

OP
OP
B

bg64vw

Jan 25, 2009

So basically the same machines just different colors?

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

U got it!!! people were setting the camo ones down in the grass and losing them! hahaha kidding...

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

if i understand your question correctly you are referring to the f75se which was the original f75 special edition and .....
the f75 limited edition which has some different programing including the bp(boost process) mode which gives greater depth capabilities and allows for a larger air gap between the coil and the ground.
let me know if i helped?

qkslvr

Oct 27, 2006
The Woodlands, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD/Garrett AtPro/Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The newest LTD is now called the SE. Main differnce from the old LTD is that it is all black now instead of camo. The 2010 version SE has the Boost and Cache Processes, and comes with both the 11 inch and 5 inch coils. Just got mine 10 days ago, so far it's a great machine.

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

The LTD is the one with the extra processes, i.e. Boost and Cache. The Standard model does NOT have these. There is about $200 or $300 difference between the two, depending on where you purchase it. For example, at Kellyco: http://www.kellycodetectors.com/fisher/fisher.htm

My first detector, about 5 months ago, was the F75 Standard Edition that does not have the additional processes. I was told this was "too much machine" for a newbie to handle and it had too great a learning curve. Instead of getting discouraged and giving up, like I was told would happen, I found the unit very easy to learn and very user friendly. I am having a ball with mine and have found many interesting things, some quite deep.........like a 9" dime and a 12" quarter. I dug the bottom of a poultry feeder that was about 2' deep (it gave me a weak quarter signal). I cannot comment on how much better, if any, the LTD is over the Standard, but, I can say that the Standard I have is very adequate!! I love it and I love this hobby. I doesn't matter if I dig a bobby pin or a silver ring (well, I'd rather get the silver ring!), it is still a thrill to find what the target happens to be! The gold hasn't come yet, but, I KNOW it is out there.

kilmer

Mar 30, 2005
Central Indiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3 , F75 LTD, CZ70 pro, Teknetics G2, Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Whats the difference between the SE and LTD F75's??? Didn't like Camo?

I guess put me on the list. I didn't like the CAMO, I loved it. They say to each his own, but I would never trade my LTD for a basic black.

Don
HH

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I liked the Camo too. Made it unique. The all black is pretty sweet too. Be hard for me to pick my fav. Since my personal one is black guess it's my pick. Really kinda silly to care about the color. Its the boost mode that makes it awesome!

Willee

May 6, 2009
Corpus Christi, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 ... Fisher CZ-70 ... Deus 2 ... Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Seems to be a bit oc confusion here ... ??? ...

Aside from the price increases ...

The standard F-75 had a gold rod and the standard F-75 modes to operate with.
It was and still is a very good detector.

The F-75 LTD (limited edition) was given new boost and cashe modes for extra sensitivity and depth.
It was then painted Camo colors and produced as a limited number series. (I have heard as low as 500)
IMHO ... Fisher was caught with their paints down as the demand for these LTD's was far greater than they expected.
They quickly sold all they made and since it was a limited edition could not just make more of them.
The solution was to paint The F-75 LTD black rename it to the F-75 SE (special edition) and then they could sell as many as they had demand for.

The only difference between the F-75 LTD and the F-75 SE is the paint job.
(and perhaps the price)

The camo painted F-75 LTD has become something of a collectors unit and probably will be desirable as such until the F-75 line is replaced by the next generation of cheaper to make, but more expensive, detectors from Fisher.

Some will say that the F-75 line is the deepest detecting VLF machine made today ...
I have one and will say I am very impressed with it.

Willee

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Thanks for the sale today Willie!! Hope you enjoy it!! Holler if you need anything else!!
:thumbsup:

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Willee said:
Seems to be a bit oc confusion here ... ??? ...

Aside from the price increases ...

The standard F-75 had a gold rod and the standard F-75 modes to operate with.
It was and still is a very good detector.

The F-75 LTD (limited edition) was given new boost and cashe modes for extra sensitivity and depth.
It was then painted Camo colors and produced as a limited number series. (I have heard as low as 500)
IMHO ... Fisher was caught with their paints down as the demand for these LTD's was far greater than they expected.
They quickly sold all they made and since it was a limited edition could not just make more of them.
The solution was to paint The F-75 LTD black rename it to the F-75 SE (special edition) and then they could sell as many as they had demand for.

The only difference between the F-75 LTD and the F-75 SE is the paint job.
(and perhaps the price)

The camo painted F-75 LTD has become something of a collectors unit and probably will be desirable as such until the F-75 line is replaced by the next generation of cheaper to make, but more expensive, detectors from Fisher.

Some will say that the F-75 line is the deepest detecting VLF machine made today ...
I have one and will say I am very impressed with it.

Willee

Yeah, now I'm confused. Mine is the Standard model and it has the gold "S" shaft, however, it came in a box with "Fisher F75 Special Edition" written across the front and a picture of my machine with the gold "S" shaft. Sooooo, if mine is not the "SE", Special Edition, model and it is not the "LTD", Limited, model......what the heck do I have? ;D

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

If its gold its not a SE or a LTD. It has to have boost mode and cache mode to be one of those two.

Attachments

• fisher1.jpg
    fisher1.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 775

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Oh contraire, moan amey, stoopstroop. Check this out.....this would be the box, that mine came in, with an accurate depiction of my machine (note the "gold" shaft and the name "Special Edition"):

F75SE.jpg

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Does it have the boost and cache mode?? Interesting

Willee

May 6, 2009
Corpus Christi, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 ... Fisher CZ-70 ... Deus 2 ... Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Roland58 said:
Oh contraire, moan amey, stoopstroop. Check this out.....this would be the box, that mine came in, with an accurate depiction of my machine (note the "gold" shaft and the name "Special Edition"):

F75SE.jpg

Did you buy it new or used?
Did you get the 5" coil?
Does it have a Boost and Cashe mode in the mode menu?

Sure hope you did not but one of those Ebay Chinese knock off detectors.

The black painted F-75 SE I have came in a box just like yours except mine has a big round black sticker just under the word detector

I would send it all back in to whoever you bought it from and demand a new "black" F-75 Special Edition like the box says it is.
See what they tell ya.

Attachments

• 75se.jpg
    75se.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 610

gmanlight

Jun 17, 2007
MA NH seacoast
Detector(s) used
what ever works

When the F75 came out thy were SE or special edition [the one on the box] the original
Then came the LTD camo with [Boost mode]
Then came the SE Black with [Boost mode] taking the name from the original F75
although the box remains.
The Camo and Black F75s are the exact same thing other than color.
The F75 original still has a gold paint job.

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

as i had said earlier, though gmanlight gave greater detail he is 100% correct!!!!!!!!!!
be very careful what you post as fact if you really dont know!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread