Whats the difference between the SE and LTD F75s???

OP
OP
B

bg64vw

Jan 25, 2009
Re: Whats the difference between the SE and LTD F75's???

What was throwing me off was the box. Us newbies see these for sale on ebay and the box says Fisher Labs 75 Years Special Edition in gold lettering and think this is the new one with Boost Process and Cache mode when its just the plain F75. There should be a badge (sticker) under that writing that either says LTD or SE (new special edition). Its very confusing.

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

stoopstroop and Willie,
I bought it new and, yes, I got the 5" coil (the oval, not the round DD). And, I as I have said a number of times, no, it does NOT have the Boost or Cache processes. No need to send it back or b*tch about what I got......I knew what I was getting when I bought it. The LTD's were on backorder, but, the SE (Standard Edition ;D) were in stock. As this one was ready to ship and about $300/$400 cheaper, I went with the lesser (?) model. I have no regrets, I love this machine. Besides, you can't miss something you never had!
Side note: I purchased from Kellyco in Florida, got what I believe to be a very good price, great communication, fast shipping and the price got me a Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505 as an (almost) freebie......makes a good backup machine.

gmanlight

Jun 17, 2007
MA NH seacoast
Detector(s) used
what ever works

I will say First Texas has dropped the ball more than once
with renaming or name changes to the F75 and Gold Bug
and there release dates of by a mile .
Most of this tied to the sales department.
Bottom line is thy put out some nice equipment.

Willee

May 6, 2009
Corpus Christi, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 ... Fisher CZ-70 ... Deus 2 ... Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Roland58 said:
stoopstroop and Willie,
I bought it new and, yes, I got the 5" coil (the oval, not the round DD). And, I as I have said a number of times, no, it does NOT have the Boost or Cache processes. No need to send it back or b*tch about what I got......I knew what I was getting when I bought it. The LTD's were on backorder, but, the SE (Standard Edition ;D) were in stock. As this one was ready to ship and about $300/$400 cheaper, I went with the lesser (?) model. I have no regrets, I love this machine. Besides, you can't miss something you never had!
Side note: I purchased from Kellyco in Florida, got what I believe to be a very good price, great communication, fast shipping and the price got me a Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505 as an (almost) freebie......makes a good backup machine.

I have been using the new black SE for a few weeks and like it so well I ordered another one.
Most of the time I use the DE (default) mode to hunt in.
I reserve the Boost mode (BP) for the times I feel there might be some deeper silver coins or when I need to get my coil up off the ground.
The Standard Edition F-75 is a killer detector in its own rite and I seriously doubt you are leaving much behind for the next guy.

Fisher has created a lot of confusion (the box dont help) but one can quickly tell by the paint on the detector "S" rod as to which one it is. But now ... to add more confusion ... I see one fella just got a new F-75 SE (black paint) and it does not have the boost or cashe mode in it ... go figure.

So I guess a can of black spray paint can get you an instant upgrade ... lol ... buyer beware!
Good thing they dont sell camo paint in a spray can.

Willee

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Thanks everyone for the replies.

There is allot of confusion going around now. Specially with the crazy new black f75 ltd/se that won't go into boost or cashe mode. Hopefully it was just a fluke 1 time deal. I have been talking to fisher directly about it and they are working the issue. They want to get to the bottom of this. I have confidence in them they will. Good bunch of guys up there.

hammong

Aug 29, 2009

Roland58 said:
The LTD's were on backorder, but, the SE (Standard Edition ;D)

People referring to "Standard Edition" as SE are propagating the confusion on this topic. You either have a F75, F75 LTD (in camo) or F75 SE (Special Edition) with the boost process, cache mode, etc.

Either way, a nice machine! I like the gold shaft better than the black shaft, but mine has the black and it's a Special Edition. I haven't had a chance to dig targets with it yet, damn ground is still in permafrost - but I got a few things marked off in my favorite spot. LOL.

Greg

therover

Feb 23, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
CZ6a (2),Infinium, E-Trac,CZ20, X5, CZ20,X-Terra 705, Treasure Baron Goldtrax, XL-Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Confusing is correct. It's similar to the Gold Bug, Gold Bug SE, Gold Bug DP , Gold Bug Pro, Gold Bug Ham n Eggs, Gold Bug Steak and Potatoes, etc.

When they start packaging up coils, and then different software versions, yet have the same box and even manual, it gets' very hard to keep things straight.

metalmolly

Nov 5, 2008

The confusion comes in because every F75 box ever made says special edition on it and then the geniuses at First Texas marketing decide to call the most recent incarnation the "Special Edition Black". And of course people sell the original non-boost/non-cache mode detectors on fleabay as F75 Special Edition even though they've come to be called in the hobby just the F75. Calling the newest incarnation the LTD Black or anything without the term "Special Edition" would have made a lot more sense and it would have been easy to tell them apart according to what they are called.

If you disregard the cosmetic differences, mechanically speaking, there are two different F75 detectors. 1. The original F75 2. The F75 LTD and F75 Special Edition (SE) Black, which both have the boost and cache modes and are exactly the same except for the color schemes.

The boxes for all the F75s are the same. The camo LTDs and the SE Blacks each have each have their own distinct round sticker added to the front of the box. The original F75 with no boost or cache modes does not have any sticker on the box.

Whew, that is confusing isn't it?

Gilligan

Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Deteknix Scuba Tector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

yuk on this whole thread......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread