Whats The Story Behind You Avatar?

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Sidevalve45

Apr 8, 2007
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter/Sharp Shooter
I'm a motorcycle nut and have been for a long time. The guy in the imagine is Rollie Free who in 1948 broke a Bonneville land speed record (150+mph) on a Vincent motorcycle laid out in the prone position and wear a swimming suit while doing it.

Sidevalve45

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My Avatar is my house. My wife and I are so proud to own it. It was built in 1925. Years ago a little old lady knocked on my door, and told me that when she was a little girl, she used to visit her Grandparents, who built the house. We were so lucky to get the history of the home and the neighborhood... even gave us pictures of the original structure, boy how it has changed!

Metal Illness

Jul 1, 2011
Englewood, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Semi Key 1866 Indian, probably AU detail. Of course I'm a little bias, but I can't remember seeing a Finer Indian posted here or another site I visit! The story behind it is; I've hunted this property hard for 2 years and I'm sure I've passed it over before but on Nov. 18th 2014 I rescued it!! lol

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I couldn't find a pic of a flying sphere with daggers.

Fun for all ages! Collect all three!

silver_sphere.png

phantasm_xlg.jpg

phan1.jpg

phantasm.jpg

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I rotate pictures of my favorite ring finds just to inspire myself to find the next one.

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mine is one of my favorite coin finds. It's a key date 1887 Canadian quarter. Looks like it was dropped before it got circulated long. They were weak struck and low mintage so not many with good detail are left. I don't know what grade or value mine would be but I would never sell it anyway.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1426125446.450168.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1426125468.429297.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1426125486.825489.jpg

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Deus 2, Soon to be manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is mine and the story behind it

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/448373-unexpected-silver-today-northern-ca.html

Got to get out today with a friend to hit a couple historic areas near me. Found 3 wheat cents(44, 45, 46) Japanese lighter that I need to research, Cool aluminum hippy piece ring, Skull pendant, about 150 screw caps and this

1928 20 cent French indo China coin, Key date(700,000 made) none the less but darn it if it does not have a whole drilled through it, Guess I can't be to mad since I would have more than likely not found it if someone had not been carrying it around their neck.

I found it at about 8 to 9 inches with my CTX 3030, rang up at 12-49.. I figured it was either a aluminum can end or a half dollar the way it was coming in. It was showing the depth at 8 to 9 so I knew it was not a whole aluminum can or anything.

Learned a whole bunch about another part of the world because of metal detecting today. Never knew France occupied Vietnam/Laos/Cambodia

Attachments

• 20150125_163645.jpg
    20150125_163645.jpg
    936.3 KB · Views: 69
  • 20150125_163703.jpg
    20150125_163703.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 69
Last edited:

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The story behind my avatar is long and boring to most people!:laughing7:

The short simple version.........With the exception of our new Son, those trees, rock and water mean more to Her and I than anything else! It's a random pic of our own piece of the country. To most it's no big deal, to us it was a dream since we were both young, talking about what we wanted while walking home from school 25 years ago. :laughing7: Every time I log in and see the pic, it brings a smile to my face, so I left the pic as my avatar. The pic is for me to look at while I'm on here,more than anything else.:laughing7: There is a lot more to what it means. That's the short version!

I don't find this story boring at all. Anyone who does has never had a dream or struggled to achieve one. Great post!

cruiserkev

Jan 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Hard to tell, but mine's an 1853 3 cent piece I bought at a garage sale a few years back for $4.00. I had been searching for one for many years and there is a story behind it. Back in 1980 I was a shy 5th grader who loved reading. I had checked out a kids book from my school library titled "A figure in the Shadows" by John Bellairs based on the creepy cover art. This was way before Harry Potter and kids books that dealt with the supernatural or magic were rare. In the book the main character is a young orphan boy named Lewis. He is given a 1859 3 cent piece that was his great grandfathers "lucky charm" back in the civil war era by his uncle. Turns out the coin was cursed and poor Lewis nearly loses his life over it. In the end the coin is dropped down a well thus ending whatever spell was on it. Somehow this odd story and the coin stuck with me throughout the years and I was more than a little pleased to find one myself decades after reading about it. Just wish it wasn't so worn out. HH:thumbsup:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Hard to tell, but mine's an 1853 3 cent piece I bought at a garage sale a few years back for $4.00. I had been searching for one for many years and there is a story behind it. Back in 1980 I was a shy 5th grader who loved reading. I had checked out a kids book from my school library titled "A figure in the Shadows" by John Bellairs based on the creepy cover art. This was way before Harry Potter and kids books that dealt with the supernatural or magic were rare. In the book the main character is a young orphan boy named Lewis. He is given a 1859 3 cent piece that was his great grandfathers "lucky charm" back in the civil war era by his uncle. Turns out the coin was cursed and poor Lewis nearly loses his life over it. In the end the coin is dropped down a well thus ending whatever spell was on it. Somehow this odd story and the coin stuck with me throughout the years and I was more than a little pleased to find one myself decades after reading about it. Just wish it wasn't so worn out. HH:thumbsup:

Are you sure it didn't come from that well?:laughing7:

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mine is my 1890 Seated Liberty dime (my oldest silver coin).
Found under a (lone) apple tree, in a city park...also an oxen shoe
was found next to it...!

OP
OP
coinman123

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a very complicated case, coinman123. You know, a lotta ins, lotta outs, lotta what-have-you's. And, uh, lotta strands to keep in my head, man. Lotta strands in old Duder's head. Luckily I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug regimen to keep my mind, you know, limber.

(I just like the movie and avatar)

fuzzy535

Dec 12, 2014
fairview park, ohio
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, ACE 350,
Fisher F4, whites prizm III, bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well mine is of gossemeer, from the older looney tunes cartoons. i tend to let my hair grow during winters and am blessed with year round sweater...so fuzzy seems to fit me. its on my bike and my hard hat. work would not permit me to put it on my name tag though...so in short im just a big ball of fuzz!

OP
OP
coinman123

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Mine is my 1890 Seated Liberty dime (my oldest silver coin).
Found under a (lone) apple tree, in a city park...also an oxen shoe
was found next to it...!

Lucky, All I find under apple trees is can-slaw.:BangHead:

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just changed mine. It's a close up of the date on my tree coin. My buddy is a professional photographer and took a series of pics for me for an article I wrote. I'm really starting to think about buying a super expensive camera and macro lens after seeing the pics he's able to take. No need for a microscope when you have one of those

Imfishboy

Jan 30, 2015
Sonoma County,Ca
Detector(s) used
MXT ALL PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a fishing boat and my crew members always call me Cap'n, since it sounds like the old pirates addressing their Capt. by calling him Cap'n, the spelling stuck. If ya don't like it, you'll walk the plank, Matey. Arrrgh! :skullflag:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread