Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Newfiehunter said:
For all of the above reasons...Get headphones! I have many sets and sometimes you can get a set at a garage sale for a reasonable price. I purchased a set of headphones that was used at a recording studio at a yard sale for 5 bucks! The musician was selling everything off! They are awesome! The sound quality is excellent and it seems like it picks up every signal from the detector! Great set of headphones and no other set has ever compared to them!
I'll guarantee they are High Impedance!!If you are going to get a set make SURE they are.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I always wear them. No.1 reason, when plugged in, they bypass the pa (power amp) curcuits. That means you will get at least twice the battery life. Also, no.2, cancels out most of the ambient noise, giving me a much better.... and bigger chance of hearing the TINY beeps from those BIG finds passed over by those wearing earmuffs. :hello2: :thumbsup: :blob7: TTC

crankyolman22

Nov 20, 2008
Des Moines, Wa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, pro pointer, F-point
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I just picked up another set at my local Goodwill for $8 I just couldn't pass them up for that price just so I have a spare pair just in case. To me the brand doesn't matter much as long as they appear to be quality. So like I said in previous posts keep an eye out at the thrift stores, you just never know.

Pirate Island

Greenie
Mar 4, 2012
Land O' Lakes
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another thing, you can get adapters for the headphone jack. Just hit the radio shak and pick up a pair. I know of a couple of folks that use it with a splitter because they are recording audio and video.

I use it both ways and prefer the phones. (But then I have ten sets sitting around from my radio show)

Good luck

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
I tected without headphones once. Once. It just was not good. Not using headphones is simply not an option. Even if there were nobody around for miles and miles, and nobody could ever hear your machine's insidious and astronomically annoying Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep, it dont matter. Nobody does not use headphones. And I mean nobody. :happy1:

Viddy

Aug 16, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, F2, Etrac, T2, V3i, AT Pro, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Vanquish 540, Go-Find 66, F5, Q60, Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Auvio headphones....

light, amazing sound, and a mini transmitter on 2.4MHZ that doesn't bother the detector's frequencies and 0-delay. and a WHOPPING $70 on Ebay.

batteries? both units recharge for a good 12-15 hour use (same cord, stock splitter)....

No more pulling my metal detector over when I dig.

Attachments

• phones 1.jpg
    phones 1.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 210
  • phones 1.jpg
    phones 1.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 198

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread