✅ SOLVED whats with the rounded ends

Status
Not open for further replies.

outlawatheart

Jan 19, 2011
Hamilton County IL.
Detector(s) used
White's DFX Spectrum
DSC09552.JPG are these reworked?? into??
I have a couple a dozen of this shape and have always wondered what they were.

Upvote 0

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
"A big blade was not going to be used on a rodent or rabbit or fish it's just what was needed is what was made"

Why? A sharp tip on a long knife in skilled hands will do the same as itty bitty complete knife. Won't it? I use the same (my favorite) knife on Elk, Deer Pheasant. If I had to slice up a fish or rat, it would work for that too. It's the hands that make the blade work, big or small.

Well it is obvious you can't and won't answer my question, and are going to work harder at a Better answer, soooo I GIVE!, YOU WIN!, those are all miniature halfted knives . LOL!

Perhaps you can give us a lesson on all the various knives and their specific uses, example pics included.

Last edited:

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're the one not answering your own question.. Good luck with that

Last edited:

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He does this all the time for some reason he keeps quoting me and specifically asking me questions I should just leave it alone.. But he tosses in a little condescendence and passive aggressive stabs that bother me.
He probably notices that and does the rest on purpose... It gets me like a mosquito buzzing in my ear

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
you two guys are getting a bit heated over a bunch of rocks aren't ya...just asking.

I'm not heated about anything, just a little tired of the bad info that gets rapidly tossed out way to often.

I like to ask questions in an attempt to get people to study what they are looking at a little harder, not necessarily because I need or want an answer.

You find a lot of nice stuff, and I appreciate you sharing it with us. I will give you a little advice. Take what you get from here lightly because there is a lot of bad info flowing from here.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
See
I gave an opinion like everyone else we're all adults here and we know how to make our own decisions.
I don't have to point out incorrect information to give mine anymore or less validity.. Like any forum you take everything with a grain of salt and use your own judgment.... We all do that.. There's been many many posts from you sir.. That were incorrect that I just did not bother to say anything about.. Most recently one of his..(drills) you called worn out blades... I have better things to do than to pick you apart I could stay very busy at that if I so choose... But that's not the point

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
I sure am glad I remembered the Warning the mods gave about insults and name calling gatorboy.

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
"Most recently one of his..(drills) you called worn out blades"

So, don't you think worn out knives may have been modified and used as drills? Or did they just make a drill when they needed one?

Jon Stewart

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2011
Another thought: Bases need to be thinned down to haft to an arrow, knife or spear. The grey point looks to have been pressure flaked on the base to thin it down for hafting.

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
Another thought: Bases need to be thinned down to haft to an arrow, knife or spear. The grey point looks to have been pressure flaked on the base to thin it down for hafting.

Great observation Jon. I, as well as many others I am sure, will appreciate the opinion of someone that has done some knapping.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dart point, scraper, knife or all 3

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
Brilliant!

Who comes up with silly multiple choice answers? I'd really like to know.

I say Jon shot down the theory that those were halfted anythings rather well.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brilliant!

Who comes up with silly multiple choice answers? I'd really like to know.

I say Jon shot down the theory that those were halfted anythings rather well.
your welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions