Whats your wierdest/most absurd find in your metal detecting adventures?

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@cudamark - This is completely off topic, and I also haven't anything to contribute to this thread-- However, when you mentioned Ormond Beach, it brought back so many fond memories. My husband and I have enjoyed many vacations at "Ormond By The Sea". We love it there and plan on vacationing there THIS summer once again. Now that I have been bitten by this hobby I most certainly plan on taking my gear with me this time. Oh, I cannot wait! But I hope I don't find a crematorium tag or an Urn!
Welcome to Tnet! If you hunt that beach, don't expect to find a ton of stuff. I must have walked 3 miles of beach from about 1/4 mile north of the Royal Floridian south to Speedway Blvd and only found about $1 a mile! No jewelry and the cremation tag was the only thing of interest. Except for Vero Beach, it was the cleanest area I ever hunted. Maybe right after a storm or spring break would be best. Good Luck!

saltednuts

Feb 12, 2011
york county, penn.
Detector(s) used
presently garrett gta 1000 , fisher cz5 and now a fisher cz21 10.5" coil and vibra=quatic 2 pinpointer add another cz21
don't know if this is weird,obsurd or both, but was huntin a cache I researched and finally got the hit I wanted. after digging multiple targets at this location lots of silver and Indians I got a hit on a slight rise dug down to discover old stone steps now off course im excited as this was 2 years in the making and I know I got it now. so I unearthed the stone step pried it up to reveal the cache, mason jar with zinc lid buried in bone dry dirt, picked it up and thought not very heavy so opened it to find a note inside saying I GOT HERE FIRST BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME. Your thinking what a let down but and maybe it is but I proved to myself I succeded in the find still have the jar with the note in it as a reminder.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
don't know if this is weird,obsurd or both, but was huntin a cache I researched and finally got the hit I wanted. after digging multiple targets at this location lots of silver and Indians I got a hit on a slight rise dug down to discover old stone steps now off course im excited as this was 2 years in the making and I know I got it now. so I unearthed the stone step pried it up to reveal the cache, mason jar with zinc lid buried in bone dry dirt, picked it up and thought not very heavy so opened it to find a note inside saying I GOT HERE FIRST BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME. Your thinking what a let down but and maybe it is but I proved to myself I succeded in the find still have the jar with the note in it as a reminder.

I guess timing is everything...

sent from a potato...

Rob in KS

Aug 21, 2006
Middle of Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You followed the clues, and found the location. I'd call that a success !! All I found was the empty hole

Rob in KS

Aug 21, 2006
Middle of Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dug up part of a truck frame, it was a dead man for a clothesline. The top of a 55 gal drum (think jimmy hoffa). Under it was a spoon and a coin (can't remember what coin)
Funniest thing was a shovel

Trent67

Mar 21, 2014
Davie, FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Surf Chicken.

image-545175070.jpg

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok Iv been waiting for a thread like this to pop around.......about three weeks back i was detecting a lot next to a church and found a bag of crack, not a small bag, a ziplock back full of little bags of crack ready for distrabution, of course i called the city police and when i said i would like to report a big bag of crack layn on the ground the dispatcher was like WHAT???!!! they had a cop out there in like 2 minutes to get it. glad i found it and not some kids........

With my luck I would have been arrested for "being in the vicinity"!
Too bad it wasn't a bag of $$!

My strangest find while MD'ing was the guy that walked up to me on the beach and tried to give me a silver crack pipe! Which I politely refused and told him he "found" it he should keep it. He dropped it in the sand and I walked away.

Murphy's law in action/ I would have probably been arrested for being "in possession", nothing screws up your detecting foray like being arrested for something you did not do.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
With my luck I would have been arrested for "being in the vicinity"!
Too bad it wasn't a bag of $$!

My strangest find while MD'ing was the guy that walked up to me on the beach and tried to give me a silver crack pipe! Which I politely refused and told him he "found" it he should keep it. He dropped it in the sand and I walked away.

Murphy's law in action/ I would have probably been arrested for being "in possession", nothing screws up your detecting foray like being arrested for something you did not do.

You never know who or what you'll meet on the beach...
images

treasurecoasteric

Jan 6, 2014
I detect beaches only

With that said, the item took 2 AA batteries and made a buzzing sound.......

Sent from my BNTV600 using TreasureNet

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I detect beaches only

With that said, the item took 2 AA batteries and made a buzzing sound.......

Sent from my BNTV600 using TreasureNet

Lol! I could tell you a story! It involves a "TOY" and a transfer station of all places. And for clarification it had nothing to do with me! Lol!

sent from a potato...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions