Wheat War # 68 Dad vs Tanner with pics

gordon and tanner

Dec 10, 2009
South East, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
It has been a busy summer with lots of work, scout camp, fishing etc.

Dad came out on top in this battle Dad searched a $25 box of cents from a BoA in Sterling Heights, MI. Dad scored 10 wheats (oldest 1935) and 1 King George VI 1950. Tanner came close, searching rolls bought 5 dollars at time from various banks while hunting halves. He missed by one wheat. He scored 9 wheats (oldest 1917) and an uncirculated Philadelphia Mint coin. I think I saw this coin in some sort of started kit from the mint. This was the first one found in the wild.

Keep on Searching
Dad and Tanner

Attachments

• Wheat War 68.JPG
    Wheat War 68.JPG
    257.3 KB · Views: 1,046
  • 100_6743.JPG
    100_6743.JPG
    326.8 KB · Views: 119
Upvote 0

Xiao en

Jan 30, 2012
Yourtown
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its good to see Dad and Tanner having fun this summer, I always enjoy your threads.

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since Tanner found the unusual coin, perhaps that should count as 2? :)
Great looking fish Tanner! Love the hat. Have fun while school is out.
apush

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
I'm surprised more mint tokens aren't found. They are made on the same planchet and are included in the P/D mint sets. Once the set is broken up and placed in an album, the token has no numismatic value. I'm surprised more aren't released into the wild. I've sold 10 in flips at a local auction on a whim for $17. Utterly worthless to the buyer. I usually seed a beach that a lot of younger detectorists frequent so they can find something "cool".

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i found a denver US mint token last night, am up to 5 or 6 now from over the years, all philly and just recently found, the denver. nice finds!
I'm surprised more mint tokens aren't found. They are made on the same planchet and are included in the P/D mint sets. Once the set is broken up and placed in an album, the token has no numismatic value. I'm surprised more aren't released into the wild. I've sold 10 in flips at a local auction on a whim for $17. Utterly worthless to the buyer. I usually seed a beach that a lot of younger detectorists frequent so they can find something "cool".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread