deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thought I'd start a humorous thread for the winter.

The other day, someone asked me what time it was and I looked at my digital watch and announced...1:52.

Then it dawned on me...at what point did I make that transition from the old style of telling time with the watch that had hands, and i would have said....it's 8 minutes til 2:00.

I know for the longest time, even with a digital watch, I would naturally still keep my old way of reporting 8 minutes til.......

But when did i fall into that new digital age of speaking something differently? Something slipped right by me without notice. :o

Some of you old timers.....have you noticed ...that light bulb going off...in this digital age of technology" I used to do something this way...how did I fall into this new habit"?

What subconcious revelations have you had since the dawn of digital technology?

Al

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still use the old way....but then again, I still wear watches that have hands.  :)

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
When did I realize I enjoyed taking naps?

I always wondered what my father saw in naps after work... it seemed to me such a waste of time!

Now - I love naps.

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
LOL..several years ago, I would have smacked myself on the back of the head if I caught myself paying $1.50 for a little bottle of water or $4.00 for a stupid coffee thats way to strong and not even pronounceable.

I still wear the ol' hands style watches.

I also gave up on the caramel macchiatos and other yuppie cups of coffee. I don't like 'em...they get in my mouth.

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Oh i have noticed all kinds of changes,but I can't remember what they were :icon_scratch:.

Short term memory loss,
Nova Treasure

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Why is it when you ask someone what time it is you point at your wrist...

Do you point at your crotch when you ask where the bathroom is?

lumbercamp

Jun 22, 2006
I was talking to an 18 year old who grew up using a digital camera. He had never looking through the view finder of a camera. I let him look through my 35mm. He was truly amazed at the difference

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
I NEVER sit down and watch a TV show in real time. I record it and go back so I can fast foward through the commercials.

Can't remember when that became the norm.

How bout Popcorn. Used to buy the big bag of kernnels and pop them in an electric popper with a big plastic dome. Now I just microwave it...

Also I never read the "paper" anymore, I just go online and red it.

bkraw2000

Oct 15, 2008
Muskego WI
Detector(s) used
garrett gta x550
I caught myself doing something for the first time the other day. Use to be when I got to work every day, the old timers were waiting for me to tell them the bar stories from the night before. The other day I caught myself getting wrapped up listining to one of the (young) kids telling his stories. Guess I turned old.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
mastereagle22 said:
How bout Popcorn. Used to buy the big bag of kernnels and pop them in an electric popper with a big plastic dome. Now I just microwave it...

Here ya go.... have some fun this Christmas and relive them teen age years!

http://www.conagrafoods.com/consumer/brands/getBrand.do?page=jiffy_pop

jiffy pop.jpg

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I learned to tell time the "digital" way while in the service and just never changed. Monty

beaverdigger

Jan 26, 2008
Elf In Back said:
mastereagle22 said:

Here ya go.... have some fun this Christmas and relive them teen age years!

http://www.conagrafoods.com/consumer/brands/getBrand.do?page=jiffy_pop

Yea, man ! You should see what Jiffy Pop does in a microwave oven!!! My granddaughter tried it. The echos from the screaming have not died down yet !

OP
OP
deepskyal

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wonder when I started calling my coworkers.."kids" :icon_scratch:...and they're in their 20's and 30's ???

Al

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
I'm bothered by the realization that I no longer wince when I hear the word goes used as a substitute for said. Example:

I asked what was wrong, and she goes, "Mind your own business!"

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
PBK said:
I'm bothered by the realization that I no longer wince when I hear the word goes used as a substitute for said. Example:

I asked axed what was wrong, and she goes, "Mind your youse own business!"

I done hadda fix it to make it rite by strikeing the word asked and replacein with the word axed to make the sentence more better. (i fixed the youse too)

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
PBK said:
You forgot to add like.

"I axed like what was wrong..."

PBK Dog---- youse like rite! I'm pickin up what youse throwin down bro.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread