Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I search Craigslist for coins, and garage sale listing on craigslist with a coin collection in them

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The best deal is still 50 cents for a half. Find them in rolls. crh

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
'have to stack'?

to reach a personal goal? or SHTF comfort levels?

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is just me, but I got paranoid last month when they announced the QE3 and bought a lot of bullion at almost 35 spot.. IMO the price is going to drop again as the stimulus occurs.. Then it should sky rocket up after.. I would pay attention and wait for it to drop more.. I have more to spend on bullion now but will definitely be holding out for another low..

OP
OP
mlayers

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do coin roll hunting halfs, dimes, nickles and cents. I don't find much here is my area. What I am asking last year we had deals where you sent for information on gold and silver an they sent you a free merc dime. There was ads is some magazines where you call in and gave them the code and you could buy a silver round for under spot price. Plus I got a couple silver dollars for $24 each. some great deals for silver but have not seen any this year.

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A year or so ago a silver dealer offered a free ASE and sent you their newsletter (I took the ASE and read the newsletter for a while, they never called me or otherwise harassed me). Within the last several months the same dealer offered a Ben. Don't know if they are offering anything now.

billionaire

Sep 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im gonna open up a website soon with silver stuff if you want to check it out.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yourcity.craigslist.com type coin and coins into the search field. twice a month you will find a good deal.

I got to walking halfs for 5 each this week. I had to drive 10 minutes to get them, so its not the best deal, but it's fun.

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mlayers said:
Last year we had all kinds of silver deals. Got free mercs in the mail silver rounds at great prices. But I have not seen or heard of any this year. Was wondering if anyone else has found any great deals out there. I need to built my silver supply back up.

I was just down at Fry's looking at a coin magazine and in the back page was an ad where you send in 4bucks with the ad and you get a walking liberty quarter. But they also send you some "other coins" that I guess you either have to buy or send back something like that.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I was just down at Fry's looking at a coin magazine and in the back page was an ad where you send in 4bucks with the ad and you get a walking liberty quarter. But they also send you some "other coins" that I guess you either have to buy or send back something like that.

A walking half, or a standing quarter?

sagthegreat

Jul 12, 2012
Sterling VA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A year or so ago a silver dealer offered a free ASE and sent you their newsletter (I took the ASE and read the newsletter for a while, they never called me or otherwise harassed me). Within the last several months the same dealer offered a Ben. Don't know if they are offering anything now.

what dealer!! :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread