waseeker

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2006
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Minelab eTrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
local coin shop would probably be best. Do you want "unsearched" or are you just looking for wheats?

OP
OP
imafishingnutt

imafishingnutt

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2007
Superior Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Tesoro, Whites DFX, Nokta Impact Pro, Ace 400.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
waseeker said:
local coin shop would probably be best. Do you want "unsearched" or are you just looking for wheats?
both,
i have a hard time buying supposed unsearched pennies,
i dont believe anyone would sell a bag of pennies without searching them first.

prospectorYorkPA

Jan 16, 2007
York, PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Prism III
I have a little over 5000 of them. From what I can tell, they are going for about 2.25 cents each. I can get 3 cents each from a local dealer if I use them for a purchase.

OP
OP
imafishingnutt

imafishingnutt

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2007
Superior Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
waseeker said:
im looking for all dates to start collecting

OP
OP
imafishingnutt

imafishingnutt

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2007
Superior Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
prospectorYorkPA said:
I have a little over 5000 of them. From what I can tell, they are going for about 2.25 cents each. I can get 3 cents each from a local dealer if I use them for a purchase.
are you selling them ..??

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
Ebay always has deals on such. I prefer not to believe that they are unsearched tho. I've collected them for quite a while now and would be willing to sell you a book with most of the dates(minus key and semi key dates). The majority are in pretty good shape. I also have a good many loose ones that I could part with as well. Shane :)

OP
OP
imafishingnutt

imafishingnutt

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2007
Superior Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shanegalang said:
Ebay always has deals on such. I prefer not to believe that they are unsearched tho. I've collected them for quite a while now and would be willing to sell you a book with most of the dates(minus key and semi key dates). The majority are in pretty good shape. I also have a good many loose ones that I could part with as well. Shane :)
how much?

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
Fishingnutt, I have a Whitman cent book with place for all cents and mintmarks for 1909-1940. That's 89 pennies in all. This book is missing 22 of the cents. That's 67 pennies that are there.........every date except 1922 is there but some mintmarks are missing. In 1922 they only minted D mintmarks. Very rare and expensive to have that one! I looked up the least amount to be expected for each cent. I used G-4 on everyone of them, used 2007 Red Book for reference. This came to $29.12. You can have it for 20 dollars. I'll take care of shipping. It doesn't cost me anything for shipping because my wife mails stuff I sell on Ebay from her office. Gotta love them paralegals! ;) Thanks, Shane

Attachments

• 8fe9dzk (Small) (WinCE).jpg
    8fe9dzk (Small) (WinCE).jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 405
    11.8 KB · Views: 417
    11.8 KB · Views: 412

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
ooops........included same picture twice. Heres the other one.

Attachments

• cents1 002.jpg
    cents1 002.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 418

iwas1ncthr

Nov 20, 2007
Chicopee, Mass
Detector(s) used
Soon to have ML SE
imafishingnutt said:
waseeker said:
local coin shop would probably be best. Do you want "unsearched" or are you just looking for wheat's?
both,
i have a hard time buying supposed unsearched pennies,
i don't believe anyone would sell a bag of pennies without searching them first.

I am willing to say there is no such thing at all about "unsearched" period. Most of the coin lots that advertise are from dealers who have customers bringing in there old stuff that they know collect so in other words they are already searched. The BS you read on eBay about the guy who found the 1955 double die or a 1922 plain or 1909-SVDB is pure BS. No dealer is gonna risk a key date like that for $15. I am not saying that you cannot find a semi key or whatnot but your best bet is to go to a coin dealer and establish a good relationship. Most will let you go through there wheat's and cherry pick as I do all the time. This prevents me from paying .3 each and only getting a return of .2 LOL I know cheap skate right? Nope, I buy rolls or bags of coins from the banks and go through them. Better chance of errors that way. I have sold 2 1984 double dies and 1 1983 double die along with 5 1995 double dies just by going through a bank brick from my bank.

Mercury dude

Mar 8, 2007
Ceres
Detector(s) used
Stold by my x bounty hunter IV & Fast tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just pick up on of those yesterday for 2 bucks and I found a 1911 penny and put it in this thing. it old says 1949 copy right on it a a few pennies in I got to put a pic of this, it made my day

jc

shanegalang said:
Fishingnutt, I have a Whitman cent book with place for all cents and mintmarks for 1909-1940. That's 89 pennies in all. This book is missing 22 of the cents. That's 67 pennies that are there.........every date except 1922 is there but some mintmarks are missing. In 1922 they only minted D mintmarks. Very rare and expensive to have that one! I looked up the least amount to be expected for each cent. I used G-4 on everyone of them, used 2007 Red Book for reference. This came to $29.12. You can have it for 20 dollars. I'll take care of shipping. It doesn't cost me anything for shipping because my wife mails stuff I sell on Ebay from her office. Gotta love them paralegals! ;) Thanks, Shane

GPURS

Apr 18, 2007
N.E. of Atlanta
Hey iwas1ncthr, if you don't mind me asking, what did you get for those 95ddo?? The main reason I don't use the "Ryedale" penny machine, is that I don't want to miss any errors. Have'nt found a 95 yet. Is there doubling on just the plain 95, or on 95d as well? Thanks, Gpurs..

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have 8 lb's of wheats that i have been saving for years.Most are dug.Normaly i scratch the dirt off the date with my fingernail,read the date and toss it in the can.Never realy bothered to cheak and see what they were worth.I think i just found something to do now that the world has frozen solid ! ;D

Wildlander3

Tenderfoot
Oct 28, 2007
imafishingnutt said:
where can i buy bulk wheaty pennies.
and whats the best price for them
besides key dates

If you buy bulk, put the extras out so I can trade with you! That way you can get even more coins without buying more. I have a small amount of bulk here but I only trade them. I need them for trades.

I am Wildlander and listed HAVE and WANT lists at this website. If you put up your list and click a date, it will automatically cross reference with the coins I want with the ones you have - the website reports the matches back to you. That way it is much easier to trade. I am Wildlander under the 'Coin Listings' tab near the top of the page.

http://www.ispcowboy.com/mycoins

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Wild I have many I could trade.......I'll check out your link. Shane

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread