Where do you sell your gold?

willis7

Mar 29, 2014
in my experience expect to get between 40-60 percent of the value if it's scrap that's if you sell to a jewelry store or pawn shop even a refinery, I would try to break it up into two gram lots and try to find people that collect it and ask for 90 percent

mjlalt

Jul 18, 2012
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ARA Gold Pays 98% I have used them and had good results. They do however want a business name on the form.

You could also try Midwest Refineries they pay 95%

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In S. Fl one of the club members has a coin shop. He will give either 95% or 98% to us club members.
He knows we can go through ARA or Midwest. I don't know where I put his business card.
I know where the store is....... pm me if your close and I'll hunt for the card.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would have been an easy answer a couple of years ago. ARA, but they don't deal with the general public anymore. You need a tax ID number now.

Midwest Refineries get mixed reviews. While most seem happy, it seems they have some shady practices at times. If you send them under 3 ozt. and expect 95% payout it will probably be closer to 85% (from what I've read). They don't assay under 3 ozt. and they don't consider anything plumb gold if it isn't assayed. Example: 14k = 12.5k, 10K = 9k ect. Expect 80-85%. Still better than the cash for gold places.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The man I just spoke with tells me, he'll pay spot! Cash in hand.
Can't beat that unless ya got a ......., huh? :icon_scratch:

He wasn't the owner either, they outta town a few days. They have always pd either 95 or 98%,
can't remember which.

Yeah BABY! LOL! SEND ME ALL YA'LL'S GOLD! LOL! :laughing7:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of the Asian jewelers will buy your gold. I got 95% gold value on a gold ring I traded in to buy a skull ring for myself, I lost my old one...

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

oroh2o

Mar 10, 2006
selling gold

Just got a check back from NTR in Phoenix. Their weight was exactly what mine was. I have sold many thousands in scrap gold over the years and never had a problem. They pay 98% for gold and 90% on silver. You can contact John Glaudel @603-787-4653, tell him Loyd from Seek and Find Detecting recommended them. They have offices in several other cities also. I have had bad experiences with Midwest. Nuff said.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
95% is an amazingly good percentage. Take it and run!

I have been getting between 90-93% for the past 3+ years and have been happy with the results. If you are getting less than 90% you need to re-evaluate your selling options.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
in my experience expect to get between 40-60 percent of the value if it's scrap that's if you sell to a jewelry store or pawn shop even a refinery, I would try to break it up into two gram lots and try to find people that collect it and ask for 90 percent
Please sell me any and all of your gold, I will gladly pay you 70%. lol

theekman

Jan 1, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I go to richard allen. Sold 10.4 oz of 14k worth about $250 and i got $229.

Went to a jewlery store hoping to sell there because i was buying a 10 silver bar. But they only offered me $170

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ARA & NTR have been good to me. always 98% payout on AU.

I drive to NTR on my lunch, drop off my stash, go back to my car and eat lunch, go back in and pick up check.

I like ARA better but I have to pay priority mail shipping and then worry till I know it gets there. The post office will not insure precious metals.

OP
OP
B

bubba4289

Feb 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for your input everyone. I've decided to just throw it in the safe for now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread