Where is everyone?

Findone

Jan 20, 2006
COPE SOUTH CAROLINA
Detector(s) used
DFX,XLT and Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone found any soft ground yet? I have already broken a e-tool trying to get a clad dime. I had to get the hammer, and chisel out to get it, and it was only about 3in down. Will wait for warmer weather, and softer ground. I hope it comes soon. This weather is depressing! Well I feel better now.
Good luck to all, and I hope all your treasures are in soft ground.

jadewhiskey

Mar 16, 2005
New Hampshire
I still have about 3 feet of snow on the ground at my house... I am soooooo ready for spring.

I have pulled out my detectors with the anticipation of starting sometime soon... I am really dying to get detecting this year...

Hope to see you out there soon.

JadeWhiskey

caretaker

Jan 20, 2008
Maine
Detector(s) used
2-XLT, AT Pro, CZ20, E-Trac, Excal II, GTI 1500, 250, BH 101, HH Diver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jade you live close to the coast head there on the weekend, Findone, I lived in the keene area for 20 years, I feel your pain, you might not see the ground til May

OP
OP
Findone

Findone

Jan 20, 2006
COPE SOUTH CAROLINA
Detector(s) used
DFX,XLT and Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all,
I guess I'm not the only one that is having a hard time waiting for spring.
This weather has been awful. I'm live in West Lebanon, and I think the wind blows
all of the time.
Glad to me you'. maybe we all can get together for a hunt this summer. When it ever gets here. I could deal with upper fourties.
Come on spring.
Leon

OP
OP
Findone

Findone

Jan 20, 2006
COPE SOUTH CAROLINA
Detector(s) used
DFX,XLT and Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you are right!!!!!!! >:(
I just saw the weather forcast for the weekend. :'( IT SUCKS AS ALWAYS! >:( >:( Thur. is going to be the best day of the week, I'm thinking about taking it off, and get out if I can.
I'm originally from SC, and in four years, will be going back down to where I can detect year round. :thumbsup:
Good luck, to everyone.
Leon

northeast hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2005
NEW HAMPSHIRE
Hi everyone yes it's is definitely one for the record books...The snow is now melting and should be gone by next weekend..Construction has began and it seems the frost cant last to long..Let's just hope it is a long spring and summer..

OP
OP
Findone

Findone

Jan 20, 2006
COPE SOUTH CAROLINA
Detector(s) used
DFX,XLT and Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with you N H! I want a loooooong spring, and summer, and an extended fall.
See, I don't ask for much.
Leon

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
I finally got to swing the detector around a bit this weekend. Searched what seemed like a promising field, very close to where Dover's original settlement was, including the 1675 William Damm Garrison, the oldest intact garrison in the state, as well as the oldest house in Dover (which was moved downtown many years ago for preservation). Well, all I found was somewhat modern bullets and casings, as they still allow hunting in the area, but it was nice to be out there anyway. I'll have to research exactly where the structures used to be... might need some helping searching this area before long.

northeast hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2005
NEW HAMPSHIRE
Nice to see you get out Ben..My new coil should arrive this week some time.Yes i would definitely search some more..Keep us updated on any finds form this area..

Gerry..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread