which one

altinkum

Tenderfoot
Mar 30, 2010
hi guy's i'm from the u.k and i have a choice between a minelab sovereign xs2a pro or a fisher cz6 for my beach detecting (wet sand only) i just sold my ex11 as i felt it was just to heavy and it was time for a change. the 2 model's i've mentioned are both hip-mount if you choose that's why i've gone for them so in your honest opinion which would you go for. thank's mike

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the Fisher CZ-6a and it is the land version of the CZ-20 or newer 21. It has the salt water mode switch so you can turn it on or off. Depending on the amount of salt and black sand it should work fine.

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of guys out there recommend the sovereign with the 15" WOT coil installed on it.

But if you are a beach hunter, why not just get a hip-mount water machine?

OP
OP
A

altinkum

Tenderfoot
Mar 30, 2010
thing's are a bit different over here as theres not many get in the water to detect as it's just to cold even in our summer :D. i dont want to put my heart and soul into beach detecting because my favorite type of detecting is inland which i use a f75 but during the summer month's theres quite a lot of ring's to find on the beaches if your prepared to work for them. i suffered a heart attack 2 months ago so money is tight at the moment that's why i need info to make the right choice. mike

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sovereign xs2a pro or a fisher cz6

I don't know about the Minelab but I had a CZ6 or CZ5 with the salt water switch, and in the salt
water mode you would walk over almost all small gold items...
Example: I dug a large gold rope chain with the CZ6 that I had, but I got it only because it had a medallion on it.... It would not register on the rope chain in Salt water mode...
It would not pick up small gold rings, Bracelets, charms, or earrings...
It did well on coins and silver.... but gold is where the money is... and that chain of mine is worth
almost $1,000 just in gold weight.... (32 grams 18k)
not something you want to walk over if you can avoid it...

OP
OP
A

altinkum

Tenderfoot
Mar 30, 2010
thank's for your time and replies and the pm off sandman i've decided on a sov gt. thank's mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread