Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People!!! Ok this is my Whine for the day...Kind of long explanation but I'll try to keep it short as possible.

About 2 months ago I responded to a Craigslist ad. The guy was selling(the ad also stated that some were free) a Piano collection, all types of conditions. I'm digging through the "Free" ads looking for a Player piano when I stumbled onto his ad. I sent him an Email asking if he had any basket case(but complete) Player piano's for free or very cheap since I really don't have the extra cash to throw at one right now, I just wanted one to mess around with to eventually redo for my Son," I'm after the worst thing you have!!!"

He calls me the next day, seems like a very nice guy! Also seemed happy to share in his excitement in the Hobby of redoing piano's, Seemed like I just made a new contact that was a cool dude. He explained that he doesn't have any junk, his are all top of the line! "Can you scrape up $350 for one that's mostly restored" and that he has $18,000(in his labor) in it. I say "I'll see what I can do! Sounds like a very good deal to me!!!" We shared a few Emails, I had the money set aside and told him I had it when he was ready, He tells me that all of them are in storage and that he can't get to them, right away, it will be a couple weeks. No big deal......He also said in an Email to feel free to Email him with any questions. I sent a half dozen, He did give me short responses, links to Youtube vids, Referenced a couple books(He supposedly co-wrote one and knows the authors of the others).

I had to go to Ohio for some family stuff and some work. I was there for over a month, when I got home I checked my Emails and didn't see any from him, didn't get any phone messages. It's been two months since first contact, "he must have sold them...no big deal..I'll find one this summer, I'm in no hurry.".

Monday. I bought a parlor organ and thought" Hey, I'll reach out to the guy I met on Craigslist. He seemed cool, maybe he will share some info, I'm excited about this thing and can share it with someone that has similar interests" I sent him an Email and went about my week. Our phones have been down this week too, we still have the old land line then a separate line for internet. Anyhow, Thur. My wife used a cell to access the Voicemails from the land line. This guy left 4 messages, getting nastier as they went. I get home and look at the Emails...I get this Email......."Why did you ask me about a player Piano, I spent hours of my time with you in Emails(not true, maybe 20minutes at most, his Emails were very brief.) Then when I try to contact you? You disappear. You owe me an explanation and an apology if applicable!!" :icon_scratch:

So, I'm ticked at this point, I did nothing wrong, I haven't heard from the guy in over a month..He couldn't get a hold of me in two days and now I'm the A Hole? I sent him an Email that really wasn't very nice. He sent one back explaining his frustration with people on Craigslist and a half apology. Ok no big deal!!! But it still said that he felt like he wasted time with me. So, I responded asking if I missed something in that month? Did he call, send an Email? and he didn't. So, he's still a little angry with me at this point for those 2 days of no contact. I sent another Email, I was kind of feeling bad that this guy is upset with me even though I did nothing wrong. I also felt unprofessional about some of the things I said in the angry Email I sent giving him a piece of my mind, I apologized for that and explained my side a little further. I did nothing wrong, I was straight forward from the start.

Today, I get an email saying that he would appreciate $100 as a consultation fee on player piano's! HAHAHA This clown is serious!

Recap- I was straight forward with him from the start, first contact was 2 months ago, haven't heard anything from him in over a month, more like 6 weeks, I was ready to buy the one for $350, but he wasn't ready to sell for whatever reason, And now he feels I did him wrong and that I owe him a $100. HAHAHA Oh, and the one that he originally told me $350 has jumped to $500 depending on if another buyer takes it or not.

This guy would never have contacted me again if I wouldn't have reached out to him on Mon. Now, He's ticked and I owe him $100? Because I didn't get the phone calls or look at my Emails in two days after being strung along for 2 months?

I'm actually very confused and it doesn't even seem like the same person that I initially spoke to, completely different attitude. Or, maybe the guy has me mixed with someone else.

Hahaha Just thought I'd share that....People are freakin crazy out there!!!! I won't give his name but he is supposedly half famous..I don't care who he is or rubs shoulders with, he's nuts.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hillbilly Prince

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's why your tired!!

Nitric, I am trying to think of a hobby of mine which is as odd as restoring player pianos. Russian caneras, occupied Japan stuff, ball jointed dolls, anime, bad movies... you continue to surprise me.
There are some crazies o n Craigslist though.

OP
OP
Hillbilly Prince

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everything I eat gives me gas, even reading this thread does.

To be honest, your user name makes me tired. I Don't know why.
You should see a doc although they would probably put you on pantaprozol

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everything I eat gives me gas, even reading this thread does.

You will eat those words?

:dontknow:

Not really whining but I'm kind of disappointed with the weather lately. The sun is shining, light winds, temperatures about 20*F over average. Where is the snow? How am I supposed to hunt rabbits without snow? This is Bulltwit!

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nitric, I am trying to think of a hobby of mine which is as odd as restoring player pianos. Russian caneras, occupied Japan stuff, ball jointed dolls, anime, bad movies... you continue to surprise me.
There are some crazies o n Craigslist though.

I'm constantly ....Bored...:laughing7: And have to find things to occupy my mind. I may never finish one, but I'll start a project one day. :laughing7: I like anything with moving parts. Short of an airplane and a train? I've probably had it a part.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hillbilly Prince

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm constantly ....Bored...:laughing7: And have to find things to occupy my mind. I may never finish one, but I'll start a project one day. :laughing7: I like anything with moving parts. Short of an airplane and a train? I've probably had it a part.

I know what you mean. That is why I am buried in stuff. Too kinda valuable to toss but what to do with it. No one to leave it to either who will appreciate it.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know what you mean. That is why I am buried in stuff. Too kinda valuable to toss but what to do with it. No one to leave it to either who will appreciate it.

Ya...I had that problem...Got rid of a ton of stuff when I moved. We thought we would never had kids so we sold off stuff, gave it away, and had fun...Then....we had a Son. :laughing7:

Anything collectible is in the toilet. Unless super rare. I too have mountains of stuff that has a little value, but when you factor in the time of trying to sell for top dollar or storing it so that it's protected? It's further ahead to throw it away,Seems like... All of the "easy money" has been sold when we needed cash, so your left with nickels and dimes in quantity!

Last edited:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Rubbing your tired eyes and then getting a rude reminder that you didn’t wash your hands after taking those jalapeño slices off of your nachos! :BangHead:

OP
OP
Hillbilly Prince

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rubbing your tired eyes and then getting a rude reminder that you didn’t wash your hands after taking those jalapeño slices off of your nachos! :BangHead:

Why aren't you posting in the Old Sayings thread?
That's my whine.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

Most of that stuff you'll never need or find a use for. Unless you throw it away......

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
People!!! Ok this is my Whine for the day...Kind of long explanation but I'll try to keep it short as possible.

About 2 months ago I responded to a Craigslist ad. The guy was selling(the ad also stated that some were free) a Piano collection, all types of conditions. I'm digging through the "Free" ads looking for a Player piano when I stumbled onto his ad. I sent him an Email asking if he had any basket case(but complete) Player piano's for free or very cheap since I really don't have the extra cash to throw at one right now, I just wanted one to mess around with to eventually redo for my Son," I'm after the worst thing you have!!!"

He calls me the next day, seems like a very nice guy! Also seemed happy to share in his excitement in the Hobby of redoing piano's, Seemed like I just made a new contact that was a cool dude. He explained that he doesn't have any junk, his are all top of the line! "Can you scrape up $350 for one that's mostly restored" and that he has $18,000(in his labor) in it. I say "I'll see what I can do! Sounds like a very good deal to me!!!" We shared a few Emails, I had the money set aside and told him I had it when he was ready, He tells me that all of them are in storage and that he can't get to them, right away, it will be a couple weeks. No big deal......He also said in an Email to feel free to Email him with any questions. I sent a half dozen, He did give me short responses, links to Youtube vids, Referenced a couple books(He supposedly co-wrote one and knows the authors of the others).

I had to go to Ohio for some family stuff and some work. I was there for over a month, when I got home I checked my Emails and didn't see any from him, didn't get any phone messages. It's been two months since first contact, "he must have sold them...no big deal..I'll find one this summer, I'm in no hurry.".

Monday. I bought a parlor organ and thought" Hey, I'll reach out to the guy I met on Craigslist. He seemed cool, maybe he will share some info, I'm excited about this thing and can share it with someone that has similar interests" I sent him an Email and went about my week. Our phones have been down this week too, we still have the old land line then a separate line for internet. Anyhow, Thur. My wife used a cell to access the Voicemails from the land line. This guy left 4 messages, getting nastier as they went. I get home and look at the Emails...I get this Email......."Why did you ask me about a player Piano, I spent hours of my time with you in Emails(not true, maybe 20minutes at most, his Emails were very brief.) Then when I try to contact you? You disappear. You owe me an explanation and an apology if applicable!!" :icon_scratch:

So, I'm ticked at this point, I did nothing wrong, I haven't heard from the guy in over a month..He couldn't get a hold of me in two days and now I'm the A Hole? I sent him an Email that really wasn't very nice. He sent one back explaining his frustration with people on Craigslist and a half apology. Ok no big deal!!! But it still said that he felt like he wasted time with me. So, I responded asking if I missed something in that month? Did he call, send an Email? and he didn't. So, he's still a little angry with me at this point for those 2 days of no contact. I sent another Email, I was kind of feeling bad that this guy is upset with me even though I did nothing wrong. I also felt unprofessional about some of the things I said in the angry Email I sent giving him a piece of my mind, I apologized for that and explained my side a little further. I did nothing wrong, I was straight forward from the start.

Today, I get an email saying that he would appreciate $100 as a consultation fee on player piano's! HAHAHA This clown is serious!

Recap- I was straight forward with him from the start, first contact was 2 months ago, haven't heard anything from him in over a month, more like 6 weeks, I was ready to buy the one for $350, but he wasn't ready to sell for whatever reason, And now he feels I did him wrong and that I owe him a $100. HAHAHA Oh, and the one that he originally told me $350 has jumped to $500 depending on if another buyer takes it or not.

This guy would never have contacted me again if I wouldn't have reached out to him on Mon. Now, He's ticked and I owe him $100? Because I didn't get the phone calls or look at my Emails in two days after being strung along for 2 months?

I'm actually very confused and it doesn't even seem like the same person that I initially spoke to, completely different attitude. Or, maybe the guy has me mixed with someone else.

Hahaha Just thought I'd share that....People are freakin crazy out there!!!! I won't give his name but he is supposedly half famous..I don't care who he is or rubs shoulders with, he's nuts.

Multiple red flags with your first contact.
There's been worse though!

And there certainly are freakin people out there.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I hate it when someone lures you over to their thread and then disappears.
lol jk :laughing9:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I abhor when an enormous Walmart store just has one clerk and it's kept an eye on by a moderate moving geriatric who ought to welcome clients and distributing stickers to little children.

I agree about the big store with one cashier. They shot themselves in the foot partially for how they treated their employees. Of course their are other factors, too. They are not the only big stores that are trying to force self scan on us. I flipping hate self scan! If they were to give a discount for using it, I would feel better about it.

Welcome to the site, from Ohio.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Guys who can't hit the bowl from less than 18" away. Crap, why not? It's not like you're Drew Brees trying to drop a pass into a 12" circle from 40 yards away!

When the toilet seat is up, they miss the bowl --- go through the seat --- and piss on the cover, spraying the seat and the floor with urine! I'm pretty sure it isn't an accident.

If we had minors working here, that would be one thing. These are supposed to be adults. What, were their mommies to cheap to buy Cheerios? A three year old boy sees it as a real challenge to keep "pushing" a oat cereal under with his pee pee. Maybe I'll buy a box and take each of our delivery guys back there and let them have a go at it.

"Stick buns" are not for me . . . time to strike back.

Rather than whine though, I think I'm going to invent a "cure".

• As a former "hardware hacker" I have a few "moisture sensors" lying around.
  • Working in a furniture store, I have access to some water pumps for ice makers.
  • As an assistant working with security systems, I have access to some compact 12v batteries to power the pumps.
  • As a solid state aficionado, I have some skills in building circuits to "create" interesting items of an electric nature.
  • Thanks to a friend, I have some small IV bags to hold the apple cider vinegar (wanted to use skunk scent, but I need to keep my job for the health insurance).

In my old life, I have excelled at "revenge" pranks --- co workers used to call me other names we can't use here.

When it's done, I may try to market it --- especially if it's the boss who is the guilty party.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread