Whites 300 MXT or Tesoro Tejon

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
For mostly coin hunting,I would go with the MXT.TID,more versatile and easier to learn and just as deep.Try to go with the 6x10 DD Eclipse coil.I was able to trade at time of purchase,the stock coil for the 6x10.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
warsawdaddy said:
For mostly coin hunting,I would go with the MXT.TID,more versatile and easier to learn and just as deep.Try to go with the 6x10 DD Eclipse coil.I was able to trade at time of purchase,the stock coil for the 6x10.

The MXT would be fun for you to use and I would bet that smaller coil for the cherry picking between the trash. The MXT with the smaller coil would not be as deep as the Tejon, but you have a screen to decide if you want to dig.

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
I have a Tejon and have tried a MXT. For coin shooting, I like the MXT. Screen if you want it and a lower frequency will help with the deeper silver. The Tejon can coin shoot well, but I like it for hunting woods and fields the most.

Willy

I'd go for the MXT. It offers more flexibility re. different hunting scenarios. The Vsat in AM mode is worth it by itself. Then again, I hunt in exceptionally bad ground where it really comes in useful. As an alternative to the MXT, you might want to check out the M6. As with the MXT, the coin mode, at zero disc., will blow away most detectors whilst they're in AM.. incredibly sensitive. You also get the tone ID. ..Willy.

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I would go with the standard MXT than the 300 model. You will need a smaller coil like the 6 X 10 or the Eclipse 950. I have the DFX 300 and that large coil is only good in places that has very little trash. I had to get the 950 coil so I could hunt. The MXT comes with the 950 coil. I wish that I had researched further on the coils before I bought mine. I have yet to use the larger coil since getting the 950. So my vote is to get the MXT and not the MXT 300. They are great machines and the only difference is the type of coil you want.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions