Whites ground balancing problem

E

EarthWalker

I recently got a an older Whites Eagle Spectrum. Seems to work pretty well.
One thing that confuses me is that during ground balancing I can get 3 types of signals:

1. single beep (which I think means o.k.)?
2. and musical tone ascending up
3. a musical tone descending down

what do these mean? I read the manual but they don't say anything about the musical tones.

thanks ahead! ???

Upvote 0
R

rvbvetter

Just got my old Eagle out of storage. I'll have to check it out and see. Been some years since I've used it but it seems to me it was supposed to be one beep in the air and one beep when placed on the ground. Anything other than that I think mean't the coils too close to metal to properly ground balance.
I'm sure somebody will know and help you in the mean time. HH

OP
OP
E

EarthWalker

right, one beep in the air, then when placed on the ground it makes one of the 3 beeps. Most of the time its the second one.
Thanks! Out of storage? man, that makes me feel behind :-\

R

rvbvetter

UH.....I don't have or at least can't find any C cell batteries. But I'll go get some and let you no what I find. So don't go no where, stay right there, don't move. I saw that!! You moved!!
I will get some and see what I find and then leave a post today, unless some one beats me to it. HH

R

rvbvetter

WHEW!! Sorry to have taken so long, but for whatever reason I packed the battery pack in another box and taken till now to locate it. I hate to think where I could of packed the manual.
Anyway, after ground balancing mine, its pretty much what I remembered.
On mine it's one beep when you hit the air button while the detector's waist high.
And with coil on the ground hit the ground button and it should be one beep.
If it's over metal it gives a warbeled sound.
Does your coil have a hole in the center? If so then you have a later model than mine and we might be talking apples and oranges as far as the difference in the way they function. Good luck on it.
HH

OP
OP
E

EarthWalker

Yep, thats mine, hole in the middle. Thanks for checking, I try to scoot around now to an area that will give me a single beep reading. If you want a copy of the manual, they have the PDF for it online still. It even came with a vcr-dvd copy of the original training video showing how to work it, funny they never cover the different tones on it though!

R

rvbvetter

Thanks for the PDF info. On your machine I would be tempted to try whites own forum. I would bet some one on there would know the answer. I agree, you would think they would have went into more detail on the different tones. Sorry, I wish I could of been more help. I really think someone on their forum will hold the answer though. Good luck on it. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread