Whites XLT Tracking Updates!

OP
OP
Twinkletoes

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
White’s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / White’s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

jmb2email

Apr 14, 2013
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO 12" coil, DD 10" coil, 5.3 coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha! too funny. Guess this is why I should plan to keep these 2 crappy bounty hunter detectors, and/or get another decent MD to have in my back pocket for this kind of repair need. I may be picking up another Whites soon on a trade!!!

JMB

OP
OP
Twinkletoes

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
White’s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / White’s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
White's XLT Tracking Update!

No word from White's so I decided to do a little coin hunting without the XLT. I went to a new site that has been frequented by a lot of people in the past, so my hopes were high. It was a large area so I started near the D parking and worked my way to the front door.
I wasn't sure of this new treasure hunting technique so I decided to set my head sweep speed at about 2 full sweeps every 3 seconds. That seemed to give me enough time to interpret my data and choose the good targets, without getting a stiff neck.
At first I had the discrimination set high and was only looking for coins. When I thought I had a positive ID, I would sweep from different directions, and use the 3's rule (shape, size, and shine). Before long everything seemed right so I collected my first coin!

View attachment 792744

After finding that penny I began to worry that I might be missing some of the older targets like Pre-1982 pennies or oxidized nickels. I decided to use less discrimination so I went to the 2's rule (shape and size). Soon I was finding more targets but not more coins.

View attachment 792761
After an hour I had quite a collection. But I had found my first nickel!

View attachment 792763

Maybe I am still discriminating too much I thought. I might be missing all the gold jewelry. I'll use the 1's rule (shape). Before long, more stuff!

View attachment 792789

Well then I set the discrimination to all metal and started picking up everything! I worked my way closer to Walmart and near the Mc Donald's entrance. When I finished that was one clean parking lot! Here's my finds!

View attachment 792800
Nice! Works for me! Set your discrimination to accept everything and find all the treasure! H Digs! :)

PS T + 12 days, 2 hours, 49 minutes and counting!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Twinkletoes

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
OP
OP
Twinkletoes

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What did you have done to your XLT?

That is a good question. White's has had the detector for over a week now. The "Repair status" indicates under repair. I am wondering if they are waiting for parts?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Twinkletoes

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
White's XLT Tracking Update! T + 16 days: 14 hours, 34 minutes, and 12 seconds!
Umm...
According to the Urban Dictionary "Umm" means :shut up I'm thinking, and I probably won't have a very good answer.
Umm...

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's why never own one
the wait is unbearable...bran new when it gets back....

OP
OP
Twinkletoes

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
White's XLT Tracking Update! T + 16 days: 14 hours, 34 minutes, and 12 seconds!
Umm...
According to the Urban Dictionary "Umm" means :shut up I'm thinking, and I probably won't have a very good answer.
Umm...

Maybe I'll buy a V3i for backup!
View attachment 794489

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You buy a V3i and you wont care if your XLT comes back. ;)

OP
OP
Twinkletoes

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You buy a V3i and you wont care if your XLT comes back. ;)

I have been studying the V3i Owners Manual and that is one outstanding machine!

a4wdguy

Mar 10, 2005
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TDI, DFX, M6, XLT, XL Pro, CM 6000 Di Pro, Beach Hunter ID 300, Beach Hunter ID, Surfmaster P.I.(Plus)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had a V3i for a bit over a year and just didn't click with it. Ended up selling it and going back to the DFX.

OP
OP
Twinkletoes

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a V3i for a bit over a year and just didn't click with it. Ended up selling it and going back to the DFX.

I've taken a close look at the DFX too. It's a really nice machine! When the used price drops a little more I may pick one of those up. What coil do you use most often?

a4wdguy

Mar 10, 2005
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TDI, DFX, M6, XLT, XL Pro, CM 6000 Di Pro, Beach Hunter ID 300, Beach Hunter ID, Surfmaster P.I.(Plus)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've taken a close look at the DFX too. It's a really nice machine! When the used price drops a little more I may pick one of those up. What coil do you use most often?

Historically the 6x10 DD with the 4x6 DD for close-in work. However, as I get more proficient with the TDI, my DFX has become my secondary detector .

scott9050

Apr 8, 2013
Martinsburg, WV
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Teknetics Omega 8500
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Luckily the East coast repair center is a few miles from me and consequently where I bought my detector from. If I ever have a problem I don't have to worry about shipping time.

OP
OP
Twinkletoes

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Luckily the East coast repair center is a few miles from me and consequently where I bought my detector from. If I ever have a problem I don't have to worry about shipping time.

The first time I had my machine repaired was at the East Coast Repair Center. I'm thinking the guy's name was Gus, maybe not. Anyway, the service was excellent and it's been 10 years since it went back. This time I sent it home to White's because that is now the nearest center. The quality of their machines and the work they do to keep them in top shape is outstanding!
Thanks for sharing!

OP
OP
Twinkletoes

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
White's XLT Tracking Update! T + 17 days, 10 hours, 59 minutes and counting!
No word other than the repair status indicates that they have received the machine!

View attachment 795004

View attachment 795005
Hold the press! I just got a call from White's!

Comments
replaced LCD, loop and loop cover
replaced front pod and key pad
replaced case connector
tested
customer ordered new ProStar Headphones and extra battery case

The XLT is coming home! Oh Boy!
I'll get to see that cute UPS driver again!

View attachment 795014

Last edited:
OP
OP
Twinkletoes

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
White's XLT Tracking Update! T + 18 days: 22 hours, 24 minutes and counting.
I talked with White's yesterday. The XLT is ready and in shipment home. It is scheduled to arrive Friday May 17th at 6 pm. I was pleased with the report I received and with the amount of repairs they did for the price. When I get the invoice I'll post each item. Until then we are T - 71 hours: 31 minutes until splashdown!

View attachment 795646

OP
OP
Twinkletoes

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
White's XLT Tracking Update!

T - 44 hours: 50 minutes and counting until the XLT gets home. Two old homesites are waiting for this weekend.

View attachment 796247

OP
OP
Twinkletoes

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whites's XLT Tracking Update! T - 25 hours: 3 minutes and counting! Metal detecting withdrawal symptoms getting worse! I am barely able to type at this point. Keep hearing good tones in my head and looking down at my right hand to read the VDI number. Digging tool encrusted with ancient dirt. I keep checking for a UPS delivery even though I know she's not due until tomorrow. I've even started watching HGTV! Don't know how much longer I can hold out!

POST YOUR FINDS!

View attachment 796725

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread