Whitewright Texas

Indiana_Jonz

Jun 10, 2004
Fl.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have posted this before but some time ago. If anyone is interesated in a cache of silver coins buried in 1898 by a coin collector, I will give you the detals.. just PM me. I gave the info to a gentleman years ago but he has apparently did nothing with it thus far. It will take some detective work and alot of leg work to locate this cache.. but I can get you within 100 yards of it I believe with the map of the old homestead that I have that was drawn by the collector. I have looked for this cache many times but have had no luck. Maybe another persons point of view and ideas may solve this puzzle finally.

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
hey indiana, don't know where you are. if you're in mobile al. i'll take you up on that deal. if you are some place else, why not get a good map dowse to locate it for you? have fun buddy==tenclaw==

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Not too far. If not on private property or I have permission, I'll give it a go! PM Sent,

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Thanks for the information. There is a lot of history in that town, Nazi loot and all... But I still can't find the creek you mentioned on any map. But when I do, I WILL head over there as I DO have some ideas.
Thanks again, Ron

OP
OP
Indiana_Jonz

Indiana_Jonz

Jun 10, 2004
Fl.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All
I have many requests for the info of the silver cache as previously mentioned. It is not possible to respond to all of them. I have responded to 5 so far but think it only fair to state a time frame for cutting off the individuals wanting info for those who are interested in looking for this cache. Therefore, as of this date, 31 dec 09, anyone interested in looking for this will need to contact me for the info at [email protected] no later than today. Those who have already contacted me and those who do so today will be emailed the map next week. Anyone contacting me later will not be responded to. I think this is fair to those who want to search in the immediate future.
Thanks
Indiana_Jonz

OP
OP
Indiana_Jonz

Indiana_Jonz

Jun 10, 2004
Fl.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To all who made the deadline..
Do I have your permission to include your email to the other members who responded to this post? This will save me some time and I can email the map to all at once. Please advise by sending me an email affirming this to
[email protected]

sphillips

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2008
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jonz,

I think you can send in the blind without revealing addresses

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I'm ok with that. Email away!

OP
OP
Indiana_Jonz

Indiana_Jonz

Jun 10, 2004
Fl.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RW
Please send me your email address again please

dave5339

Jan 3, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II, Minelab X-Terra 305, Garrett Pro Pointer
Indiana,

Thanks for the map. It's led to all sorts of interesting research so far. We now know more about "swinging bridges" than we did before. Trying to make that knowledge mesh with the map though is what is proving to be tough.

Semper Fi

OP
OP
Indiana_Jonz

Indiana_Jonz

Jun 10, 2004
Fl.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave
Glad to help. That part of Texas is a treasure trove of information. I believe I mentioned the Chisolm trail runs right next to the burial site of the cache. Very old cemetery there as well on both sides of Route 69. Good luck..I will tell you that you have some stiff competition going with another group so get out there and good hunting. PS. Whoever solves this mystery, I will give another cache location too that I have never found either but Im sure it's there. It deals with an old Apache indian and his mummified remains!!

burrito_hut

Greenie
Apr 24, 2010
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Indiana_Jonz said:
All
I have many requests for the info of the silver cache as previously mentioned. It is not possible to respond to all of them. I have responded to 5 so far but think it only fair to state a time frame for cutting off the individuals wanting info for those who are interested in looking for this cache. Therefore, as of this date, 31 dec 09, anyone interested in looking for this will need to contact me for the info at [email protected] no later than today. Those who have already contacted me and those who do so today will be emailed the map next week. Anyone contacting me later will not be responded to. I think this is fair to those who want to search in the immediate future.
Thanks
Indiana_Jonz

Darn! Joined the site too late! :( I live near Fort Worth so can help if anyone needs it!

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I really don't think you missed anything Burrito_hut!!

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, CTX3030, SDC2300, GoFind 60, Whites TM-808, Dip Needle, EYES
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
A buddy and I checked it out. Turns out the local historian owns the land that this cache is supposedly located! That's a bit of luck, but we didn't have any of the other kind. There was a bridge, but no other details could be verified. We saw, searched, and had fun but didn't find anything. We never went back, mostly due to other ventures looking more promising.

foolsgoldtx

May 5, 2010
Very cool, nice to hear an update.
Let me know if you are still interested in the toolbox, have a few people asking about it, and you just qualified for the tnet discount!!

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, CTX3030, SDC2300, GoFind 60, Whites TM-808, Dip Needle, EYES
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Oh man, small world! Yes, I'm interested in the toolbox-just emailed. I was out yesterday swinging the detector in the thickest nastiest, briar infestation I've ever encountered! Today is shot too btw. Back on topic though-this particular tale is 'on hold' with me till more info may surface. There are other fish to fry in our neck of the woods while I wait...

foolsgoldtx

May 5, 2010
very small world indeed!
wouldnt happen to be looking at some thickets up there in Leonard? been interested in going there myself....if its the same place!
will catch up soon

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
There is a jim-dandy RV park/motel in Leonard. Good restaurant down the street. Ground is soft now too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread