who has the best price on a garrett at pro???

Sep 21, 2013
Excelsior, mn
Detector(s) used
2 fisher 1280x
garrett ace 250
finally bought me a garrett at pro...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i bought a used ace 250 and have not used it yet and now im thinking i need a little better unit...i will keep the ace 250 as a backup and use it mayb just for logging sites. i know most of you have 2 or 3 detectors and some over 5 ...i will be heading to the cabin for one week to hit an old logging site in northern mn. along with deer hunting, get a few ducks, grouse, squirrel, goose and turkey...yes the turkeys are taking over northern mn. it is so hard trying to pack all my hunting and metal detecting in the fall in just a few short weeks...it comes and goes so fast...will try and get some good pics of the fall colors...

thanks in advance,
Gary

remember, those who preserve the past also serve the future...

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Minnasota
Check out some of are Supporting Vendors,some give a Tnet discount...i know Bart@BigBoyshobbies does,Wayne,Metal Detecting Stuff and Fort Bedford Detectors does too.
Gary

Last edited:

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bought a used one from Bart with Big Boys Hobbies. He will also work with you on the price if you call him.

I think that I paid under $500 for it...I THINK THAT I DID, but it has been almost a year.

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We can't help with an AT Pro just yet, but we can help with some other brands if they are of interest to you..... call for the best price! :)

AnnieF

Jul 26, 2012
Western NC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i bought a used ace 250 and have not used it yet and now im thinking i need a little better unit...i will keep the ace 250 as a backup and use it mayb just for logging sites. i know most of you have 2 or 3 detectors and some over 5 ...i will be heading to the cabin for one week to hit an old logging site in northern mn. along with deer hunting, get a few ducks, grouse, squirrel, goose and turkey...yes the turkeys are taking over northern mn. it is so hard trying to pack all my hunting and metal detecting in the fall in just a few short weeks...it comes and goes so fast...will try and get some good pics of the fall colors...

thanks in advance,
Gary

I've got an AT Pro in excellent condition I bought from KellyCo about 18 months ago. I still have the box. I also have the sniper coil with a cover I've used twice. I'll sell the whole smack to you for :censored: free shipping if you want it. I can't relic hunt. RA in hands makes it too painful. I'm just gonna get a PI machine and hunt the beach. Sand is much easier to dig!

Annie

Last edited by a moderator:

bigtruck68

Jul 24, 2012
Pittsburgh,Pa
Detector(s) used
whites xlt * minelab sovereign xs * whites 6000 DI Pro * musketeer xs * xp deus* etrac*tesoro vaquero *
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I HAVE A BRAND NEW ,NEVER USED AT GOLD ADVENTURE PACK, I GOT AS A GIFT AND CANT RETURN, THIS IS NIB , ILL LET IT GO FOR $650 PLUS SHIPPING...........JAMES 724 650-3698

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
..Why wouldnt you use the ACE 250? Have you been detecting for awhile?.....Oh course its nice to have a backup...But to get one, Never use, and already looking for another one?. To each thier own of course.

But anyhoo...Good luck out there at the Cabin...I bet the weather is AMAZING in your Area! :thumbsup:

SoCalBeachScanner

Aug 17, 2013
Coastal Orange County, CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX, AT Pro, ProPointer, and a weirdly good sense of direction
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

thanks in advance,
Gary

remember, those who preserve the past also serve the future...

Hi Gary,

If you purchase new, call all the major players and grind them down on price. Don't forget to tell them you will praise the hell out of them on TNet. If you work-um good enough, they just may give you a price close to their cost for all the free advertising you will send their way.

jamesbibb

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2009
Central Va
Detector(s) used
T2SE
DFX
XLT
GPX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi Gary, If you purchase new, call all the major players and grind them down on price. Don't forget to tell them you will praise the hell out of them on TNet. If you work-um good enough, they just may give you a price close to their cost for all the free advertising you will send their way.

It's one thing to search for a deal. But it's completely different thing to try to play or "work" dealers against one another so you can save 40$

These good folks are trying to make a living lets not forget

Do you work for free?
How would you like to be haggled on your salary EVERYTIME you get paid?

Just buy it used or buy it from a dealer you like

SoCalBeachScanner

Aug 17, 2013
Coastal Orange County, CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX, AT Pro, ProPointer, and a weirdly good sense of direction
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's one thing to search for a deal. But it's completely different thing to try to play or "work" dealers against one another so you can save 40$

Do you work for free?

jamesbibb,

Obviously, your not a negotiator. Personally, I negotiate and shop around for everything I purchase. Rarely a day goes by that I didn't get a killer deal on something. From the purchase of my home to the vaccinations that my dog gets.

You need to reread my statement to Gary. I did not tell him to play dealers against each other. I told him to grind them down on price, and in return on a great price, he could praise the dealer on TNet. A dealer with common sense know the value of that and would be willing to sell an item close to cost for that kind of advertising that you can't buy.

Take Bart's Big Boys Hobbies for an example. Bart's name is all over TNet and it's no accident. Bart is a very smart guy ... He knows the value of giving TNet users a deal.
He may even ask for a good review on TNet, but that's okay, I would tell him that I would devote a whole paragraph of praise if the deal was right :)

And yes, I have haggled my salary in every single job I have had in my life. And guess what! It paid off! Because I am retired now with a steady income!!

And, another big YES, I do work for free now, it's a choice because I VOLUNTEER.

But no worries, the world needs non-hagglers like you, so the rest of us can get killer deals.

Last edited:

Petrie502

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
Louisville Kentucky
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS (Combat Marine retired)
SEMPER FIDELIS
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
CALL ME I'll listen to negotiations all day! Lol 502-262-0356

408_Dirt_Fisher

May 14, 2013
San Jose, CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro & Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bought mine two weeks ago from KellyCo for $580 out the door, no tax and free shipping, had at my house in one week. Look for a $10 off coupon to apply to your order if you go with them.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's one thing to search for a deal. But it's completely different thing to try to play or "work" dealers against one another so you can save 40$ These good folks are trying to make a living lets not forget Do you work for free? How would you like to be haggled on your salary EVERYTIME you get paid? Just buy it used or buy it from a dealer you like
Agreed. Who cares if you praise a dealer on here if everyone is "grinding" them down what's the point of being in business? To get the lowest possible profit margin and give a bunch of personal service for free?

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

thanks in advance,
Gary

I've got an AT Pro in excellent condition I bought from KellyCo about 18 months ago. I still have the box. I also have the sniper coil with a cover I've used twice. I'll sell the whole smack to you for :censored: free shipping if you want it. I can't relic hunt. RA in hands makes it too painful. I'm just gonna get a PI machine and hunt the beach. Sand is much easier to dig!

Annie

Sorry Annie but only charter members and supporting vendors can sell here, if you want to sell yours you will need to be a charter member.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk now Free

Petrie502

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
Louisville Kentucky
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SEMPER FIDELIS
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think people as a whole want the best deal, but playing dealers against dealers isn't good! At all! How ever if someone calls me and is trying to negotiate I'm not afraid of it either, I will do my best and of that's good enough he or she will go with me! Just like with competition, if your AFRAID of it, then go hide! I competition is good it keeps us on our toes! In the marine corps we treated everything as a competition it makes for an interesting day I tell ya!! Lol

By the way if you need a new or used machine!! Call me 502-262-0356

rwf01

Tenderfoot
Sep 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Do you work for free?

While I'd never go back and forth between dealers trying to grind them down and play them off each other it does pay to call around and check prices. You never know when you might call at just the right time and find someone with more inventory than they would like to have on hand and be willing to make a deal. We have all seen more than one dealer say they will meet or beat any deal. Isn't that asking to call and give them a shot after your offered a deal? I've learned to call Jeremy @ Vance's Metal Detectors for a price that some might meet but rarely beet. Like he says call him last or do like I do and save yourself some time and just call him.

Good luck.
Richard

Petrie502

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
Louisville Kentucky
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SEMPER FIDELIS
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Richard I appreciate that buddy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread