Who knew

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, I have a place at a body of water in Utah and have been detecting the beaches with free pull offs for years with very little success. Last year I was blessed with an opportunity to get into a home that has a view of the water and beaches and discovered that there are more folks detecting this area than I expected??? never knew and after this weekends meeting with them I now understand why I come up with little finds other than some clad and garbage. Great folks, just too many people scanning the same area.

Good for them but now I need to find a new area to detect for some change and possible items of value. Don't get me wrong, still enjoy the time out in the mountain air with my dog running the sand and swimming but.....it would be nice to find a item more than the value of a quarter.

So, how many of you have discovered that the areas you detect are actually heavily detected already?? I thought that "MY" areas have little pressure as this is a limited hobby/passion here from what I have seen or thought?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread