who needs firearms

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who needs firearms? Easy, law abiding citizens who want to defend their selves, their love ones, the innocent and their property.........

Woman Who Was Anti-Gun Uses Husbandā€™s Gun to Scare Off 2 Home Invaders

SEPTEMBER 10 2013

Itā€™s kind of amazing how being in a life and death situation can change oneā€™s mind about firearm ownership in a split second.

Thatā€™s exactly what happened in Palmview, TX several days ago.
A pregnant woman, who wishes to remain unidentified, was home alone when she heard someone banging loudly on her front door. Since she was home along, the woman did not answer the door, however at the same time, a second suspect was breaking into the home at the back door.

Fearing for her life, the woman grabbed her husbandā€™s .40SW handgun and called 911.

Once the men saw the woman was armed, they fled back to their waiting truck. Wanting to make sure the intruders were gone for good, the woman opened fire on the truck as the men were getting in it.

The woman told Action 4 News that she was originally against guns in the home, but this incident changed her mind,

ā€œI was against him buying a gun maybe 7-8 months ago, but I told him, ā€˜I donā€™t know if I told you, thank you for doing thatā€™ because it changed the situation completely,ā€ said Alex.

The suspects were arrested in a nearby home after a long standoff with police and SWAT officers.
This story could have ended very differently if not for the presence of a gun inside the home.

The gun used appears to be a Smith and Wesson Sigma, .40 caliber based on the video.

http://gunssavelives.net/self-defen...es-husbands-gun-to-scare-off-2-home-invaders/

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

olroy70

Feb 3, 2011
gainesville, tx
Detector(s) used
Garret 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know a woman who was very anti-gun............... until a man broke into her house, with a gun, and tried to rape her.. somehow, she got the gun and shot him dead......... seems he was a serial rapist, and all the cops in town praised her highly. She is now pro-gun, and in fact, a member of the police dept. in that city...... has been for several years.

this was the same woman who berated me for even hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! been a friend for almost 15 years now!

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A Sheriff pulled over an 90 year old woman,and saw that she owned some guns,he said do you have any guns with you today?
She said yes i have a 38 in my purse,a 44 cal. in the counsel,and a 357 mag. i n the glove box.
The Sheriff raised his hands to the sky and asked the 90 yr.old Lady what are you affrayed of ??
She said with a smile, i`m not affrayed of anything !!
Gary

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The premise of the threadis," who needs a gun".....I would like to answer from another view....No-one NEEDS a gun, but everyone is given the right under our Constitution to own and bear arms for what ever reason they seem fit.....people afraid, or untrained in the operation of, and the proper use of a firearm, does not need a gun....but still has the right. If you decide to exercise the right given you, please be competent in the use, safety of, and be competent in the use....if not, I will guanentee that you will be the one hurt with your own firearm.....well pissed off both sides now, and will still stick to "my Guns"....Gary

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The premise of the threadis," who needs a gun".....I would like to answer from another view....No-one NEEDS a gun, but everyone is given the right under our Constitution to own and bear arms for what ever reason they seem fit.....people afraid, or untrained in the operation of, and the proper use of a firearm, does not need a gun....but still has the right. If you decide to exercise the right given you, please be competent in the use, safety of, and be competent in the use....if not, I will guanentee that you will be the one hurt with your own firearm.....well pissed off both sides now, and will still stick to "my Guns"....Gary

GMD I disagree, in today's world I NEED a gun to protect my family, my life and my property... It is a right I will never surrender.

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TH,

Please look at what I wrote.....You and I both feel not only the right, but the need to own a firearm for the protection of what is precious to us....and you know that I have stated before, many times that there is a responsibility that goes along with the ownership of the gun. Like me, there is no doubt in my mind that you are very well trained with a firearm and it's use, and as I have had extensive training, and practical experience with a handgun, even disarming a person pointing one at me......the general citizen who buys one for protection, and doesn't learn the safe use, does not practice with it, and is not mentally ready to use it when needed will get hurt....that is my concern. All have the inalienable right to arm themselves.....but do they have the ability to actually be effective with the weapon...I will say without a doubt that aI am not intimidated by bluster, and bravado of someone who waves a gun about...if you flaunt the weapon, you are not trained in it's use, and using it only as a prop.....that is my concern, not the right of the public to own one....thanks...Gary

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Lets look at this from another angle. Instead of who needs a gun, how about who does not need a gun? Criminals, terrorists, unstable people, and so on do not need a gun. However on the realistic side though we must realize that these people WILL HAVE A GUN if they so desire, Therefore I need a gun (several of them) to protect myself, my family, my property, as well as my neighbors.

No matter how anyone wants to bend the truth, reality is an unarmed law abiding person is nothing more than a victim to be.
Just last night one house down was broken into...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TH,

Please look at what I wrote.....You and I both feel not only the right, but the need to own a firearm for the protection of what is precious to us....and you know that I have stated before, many times that there is a responsibility that goes along with the ownership of the gun. Like me, there is no doubt in my mind that you are very well trained with a firearm and it's use, and as I have had extensive training, and practical experience with a handgun, even disarming a person pointing one at me......the general citizen who buys one for protection, and doesn't learn the safe use, does not practice with it, and is not mentally ready to use it when needed will get hurt....that is my concern. All have the inalienable right to arm themselves.....but do they have the ability to actually be effective with the weapon...I will say without a doubt that aI am not intimidated by bluster, and bravado of someone who waves a gun about...if you flaunt the weapon, you are not trained in it's use, and using it only as a prop.....that is my concern, not the right of the public to own one....thanks...Gary

GMD, I was simply replying to your line that "NO one NEEDS a gun"..... The line implies there is never a reason to own a firearm.

olroy70

Feb 3, 2011
gainesville, tx
Detector(s) used
Garret 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have so many gun laws that are NOT enforced, it is unbelievable!

I live next to a pasture, that happens to have coyotes, and rattlesnakes. I carry almost every time I go outside..... I also have guns for bigger varmits ..

If guns are taken away from people who obey the law, only outlaws will have em!!!!! I will keep mine, thanks

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
We have so many gun laws that are NOT enforced, it is unbelievable!

I live next to a pasture, that happens to have coyotes, and rattlesnakes. I carry almost every time I go outside..... I also have guns for bigger varmits ..

If guns are taken away from people who obey the law, only outlaws will have em!!!!! I will keep mine, thanks
Same here, they will never get mine...ever!

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Nothing in my life experience has EVER made me trusting enough of my fellow man to be out of arm's reach of at least one of my firearms 24/7 . I've also stood another person's fire and returned it with positive results in my favor ..............

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I certainly kno wwhat you mean and experienced Truck----- I sleep with one under the sheets, down by my waist, where It can be activated with no warning. It has cleared up a situation twice in my favor .

Don Jose de La Mancha

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
GMD I disagree, in today's world I NEED a gun to protect my family, my life and my property... It is a right I will never surrender.
It is a right since this American country was formed by the gun and defended by the gun.
Remember,once you give up a right,you can never get it back.

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TH'

I see your point, and most likely I worded my response wrong, but the premise I made still stands as important....I too believe in the need for a firearm for all and any reason, and right, just making mention of a gun in the wrong hands becomes dangerous to all involved, and that is what fuels the anti-gun idiots.....Gary

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll no longer need my guns when the anti-gun folks can guarantee me that absolutely NO bad people have guns anymore.

Until then, I plan on maintaining an equal playing field.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TH'

I see your point, and most likely I worded my response wrong, but the premise I made still stands as important....I too believe in the need for a firearm for all and any reason, and right, just making mention of a gun in the wrong hands becomes dangerous to all involved, and that is what fuels the anti-gun idiots.....Gary

Gary, I knew you weren't anti gun, I was responding to the single line. Everyone who owns should know how to safely use, but it should not be a condition to own, it is a right we all have.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread