Status
Not open for further replies.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post deleted, no politics please.

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola amigos

There will always be benefits living in rural areas versus living in a city. In a situation of total breakdown of society. People in cities are not equipped for self sufficiency where people in rural areas generally are. I could imagine in cities there would be total anarchy of dog each dog mentality would take over. A lot of people have grown up in a urban environment and have always had things at there finger tips with very little effort. And have become accustomed to it.

Readjustment would not be pleasant.

I live on an island in the Pacific population just under 2000. 111 square km in size. There is virtually no cash economy on the island. We are virtually outside of monetary system. Most food is shared or traded. Most food is grown on the island. So the only supermarket carries only basic items and things that cannot be grown on the island. ( we have not had a murder in over 100 years ) 1905 was the last murder. The general population has a nurturing supporting mentality than every dog for themselves mentality.

So in the event of a world economic collapse. The day on the island would be be just another day. The local population is very resilient as most hunt wild pigs. we have chickens, a lobster and fish a seafood heaven, Tuna steaks. and what ever food is extra shared or bartered.

The biggest cost on the island is fuel. But even so if we run out of fuel tomorrow the local population would revert to traditional sailing craft for fishing and more intensive labor farming and hunting.

People survived before there was such thing as money or global economy.

Of course many would perish others will thrive.

Kanacki

Last edited:

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Kanacki, sounds nice
out of curiosity, do you have TV and cell phones?

We have 26 cable TV channels and cell phone network and high speed internet. Our electricity is generated by wave power generator.

Kanacki

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wave power generator?
did not know they were commercial

Hola Amigo

They are still experimental we still have two 600kw diesel generators that have been upgraded as back up.

1.5-MW wave power converter designed to operate in harmony with waves rather than attempting to resist them. Therefore, there is no need in massive steel and concrete structures” and that farms equipped with the device will operate in water deeper than 15 metres in areas where there are no breaking waves. We had them anchored in the harbor.

Kanacki

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well hot damn this one blew up. Lol

I said the dollar crash, not the world blow up. The Great Depression was a crash, not the end of civilization. Clearly food and other life needs supersede gold or silver. Mad max comes around to hell with silver, I’ll take food and gasoline.

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is some pictures of them.

The beauty about the system you can add more to the underwater power farm depending on power requirement. Because each operate interdependently of each other they can be taken offline for maintenance with minimal disruption. As long as the ocean has rising and lowering motion from wave action these units are generating power.

2.JPG

2.JPG

1.JPG

wavesurfer.jpg

6.JPG

Reality amigos it will not generate huge power requirements for large city but for a small island with a small population it is more than enough.

Kanacki

Last edited:

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have 26 cable TV channels and cell phone network and high speed internet. Our electricity is generated by wave power generator.

Kanacki

Aside from cable tv it sounds heavenly.

But what about multiculturalism? Have you got multiculturalism?

......Yeah, I know you don't have multiculturalism. :BangHead:

Last edited:

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gidday Amigo

Race is not an issue there. That is an American hangup.

On the island is of mixed race amigo. For 200 hundred year lusty sailors from all over the globe including whalers from New Bedford United States bred with Polynesian and Micronesian inhabitants with Spanish Filipinos and Japanese.

There is no perception of race amigo people are just people there. 99% are christian and go to church on Sundays. Even the few white people like me are so sun tanned it hard distinguish who's who but in truth no one cares. You are judged there not by the colour of your skin or shape of your eyes but how honorable you are.

I have lived there 30 years and never had an issue there.

Kanacki

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gidday Amigo

Race is not an issue there. That is an American hangup.

On the island is of mixed race amigo. For 200 hundred year lusty sailors from all over the globe including whalers from New Bedford United States bred with Polynesian and Micronesian inhabitants with Spanish Filipinos and Japanese.

There is no perception of race amigo people are just people there. 99% are christian and go to church on Sundays. Even the few white people like me are so sun tanned it hard distinguish who's who but in truth no one cares. You are judged there not by the colour of your skin or shape of your eyes but how honorable you are.

I have lived there 30 years and never had an issue there.

Kanacki

So, paradise is possible...

...with a cultural solidarity, anyways.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica
Well hot damn this one blew up. Lol

I said the dollar crash, not the world blow up. The Great Depression was a crash, not the end of civilization. Clearly food and other life needs supersede gold or silver. Mad max comes around to hell with silver, I’ll take food and gasoline.
we have 2 conversations running together: the dollar's crash, and speculations as to what then may occur

can we first define "crash"?
I read the dollar in 1970 is now worth 10 cents, is that not a crash?
or are we talking about a new currency? (controlled by the same thieves)

Michael Greer (sp) writes at length about the decline of society and posits a 300 year gradual decline where everything is always more difficult, precipited by war/population decline. Obviously there are many paths.

The Romans faced the same, how does one feed the breeding masses while preparing for the next war.

Here is a question: Will an emergency arise necessitating registration for conscription before the dollar collapse or after?

edit: if vaccination is mandatory then those records could be the basis for the draft, no?
I would call the buggers clever were they not so transparent.

Last edited:

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we have 2 conversations running together: the dollar's crash, and speculations as to what then may occur

can we first define "crash"?
I read the dollar in 1970 is now worth 10 cents, is that not a crash?
or are we talking about a new currency? (controlled by the same thieves)

Michael Greer (sp) writes at length about the decline of society and posits a 300 year gradual decline where everything is always more difficult, precipited by war/population decline. Obviously there are many paths.

The Romans faced the same, how does one feed the breeding masses while preparing for the next war.

Here is a question: Will an emergency arise necessitating registration for conscription before the dollar collapse or after?

edit: if vaccination is mandatory then those records could be the basis for the draft, no?
I would call the buggers clever were they not so transparent.

Keeping slaves ain't all beatings. Beatings, which are no small thing to occur, aren't nescesary and the slaves are more productive without them. It's all about the size of the cage. you don't need to chain another man to make a slave. You just gotta chain up his wallet.... Nobody bites the hand that feeds them, mostly.

OP
OP
O

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is some pictures of them.

The beauty about the system you can add more to the underwater power farm depending on power requirement. Because each operate interdependently of each other they can be taken offline for maintenance with minimal disruption. As long as the ocean has rising and lowering motion from wave action these units are generating power.

View attachment 1905710

View attachment 1905710

View attachment 1905711

View attachment 1905712

View attachment 1905713

Reality amigos it will not generate huge power requirements for large city but for a small island with a small population it is more than enough.

Kanacki

That’s pretty amazing. I’m always thrilled to see new ways of people making electricity, sustaining without dependence on the power company. I really believe our reality would be different if half the world was using point of use power generation. Aside from the “green” aspect it would make for less death grip on humanity by big dollars.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots a burgers here,and the price,1 bullet :) View attachment 1905526

I Paid 29.94 for 6 Pounds of Ground Round last Month, I Think the Butcher shop Employee gave me ground beef prices.
the Price said $5.99 a lb for Round, can't complain. may be 6.99 next time I need.

still have some Angus steaks from my nephew, when one went lame and he Butchered it, and Bear
Just thawed out some Dried Bear meat & fried up a Rare Angus Steak for Dinner today.They have a Contract to sell their Eggs, Their not allowed to Keep any for Free
So I Have to Buy eggs at the Store.

no shortage of meat here yet, though I Did run out of Venison ,
I Have Plenty Pork & Chicken Quarters too.

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's a term "To rust out-or to wear out"
Jeff one can just do the :dontknow: and say we're all going to die someday. True fact
I know of so many that sit behind the curtain of the window never hardly venturing out, trapped souls actually. Just counting the clock down till the end.
Now that isn't living a life-its just a payment plan of misery they're living.

If one eats well the benefits out weigh everything, one gets out and about, never a concern regarding the ability of doing it.
Sure we all have a hiccup in the health and a small wake up call to improve the source of nutrients that one eats.

Sure once again the example of so & so smoke/drank/and did it all their way and lived to the ripe old age of....
Lots try it-and more never even come close in getting there.

I guess I was brought up of having those 300 jars of what ever to get the family through to the next round of food gathering.
The buck hanging from the eaves of the root cellar entrance, was a yearly thing.
The need to get the fish in the sealer/freezer was a requirement also.
If you shot it-you ate it regardless was the rule.

The folks that have to rely on stamps to eat-live in the heavy urban-are the one that will be really needing a hand up.

Neil Young : Rust Never sleeps.

"It's Better to Burn Out, Then to Fade Away"

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the government mandate that folks didn’t have to pay rent or mortgages without the fear of being evicted or losing their homes, eventually that will come to a head with either mass evictions or mortgage defaults creating another home crisis which will affect the market for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread